Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-01-22 Site Overlap, Rare Resources, Friend Code, Mine Production
Quote:how do you intend to fix the original problem of not being able to place buildings next to each other?

I don't view this as a problem. I made a strong attempt to accommodate that architectural style but alas it opens the door to cheating.

Some day I may develop a fast way to find geometric intersections while placing a building in a city. It would have to be fast so that it doesn't bring the computer to its knees while dragging a cursor around. Then I could relax the placement rules a bit.

The result would be less restrictive on building placement. That is easy to implement later, without players crying foul.
Quote:does this include aerial and sea platforms
Platform overlap rules did not change.

However, platforms may need to be destructible to avoid the exploit of using them as a shield for military buildings below. They should only be indestructible while they host buildings.
Liking these changes, especially with Rare Resources and ditching Friend Codes.

One request: An option on the Scenes settings tab to enable/disable distance fog? When I'm zoomed out to manage my sprawling cities, the fog ruins the entire view. It's such a tragedy!! All kidding aside, what's so bad about getting to see your entire city and manage it, all from the comfort of your Capital building. lol
Fog used to be turned off in top-down view. I'll look into why that is no longer the case.
(01-23-2020, 02:24 AM)Haxus Wrote: Fog used to be turned off in top-down view. I'll look into why that is no longer the case.

My hero!
I appreciate the effort you put into trying to allow overlaps on different Z levels, so thank you very much for listening and working on it. I would like to register my opinion that a building system which treats fully 3d construction as if it were occuring on a 2d plane does have an actual problem, and I will keep suggesting possible solutions; but I understand that at present fixing the exploit is more important. I am saddened that the freedom of good-faith players to make legitimate designs is being curtailed by others who abuse the system, but that's the way of MMOs.
Quote:on a 2d plane
There is nothing 2d or planar about the surface of any planet.

Quote:that's the way of MMOs
It is the beast I have to ride.
(01-23-2020, 01:48 PM)Haxus Wrote:
Quote:on a 2d plane
There is nothing 2d or planar about the surface of any planet.

Quote:that's the way of MMOs
It is the beast I have to ride.
That depends on who you ask, and how out of touch with reality they are.   To most of us, planets are rough and spherical.
(01-22-2020, 07:27 PM)Haxus Wrote: Avatars cannot offer teleport to their location.
Avatars cannot accept teleport invitations.
If some new players want to play together to test, how do they proceed ?
(01-23-2020, 02:57 PM)Neils Iyssada Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 07:27 PM)Haxus Wrote: Avatars cannot offer teleport to their location.
Avatars cannot accept teleport invitations.
If some new players want to play together to test, how do they proceed ?

Maybe Haxus could make it so that new players can teleport to/from other new players.