Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-01-21 Server Crash, Mesh Lighting, Name Species, Site Overlap

The more you guys talk about just over using harvesters, the more sure I feel that we do need a limit on harvesters too.
See: Re: Limiting Resource Harvesting to Number of Nodes

We were never meant to have unlimited number of mining jobs on just one location. That was a bug that was simply there for way longer than it should have been. And now everyone has grown too used to building massive buildings and ships from a very small settlement in no time.

If rocks of the type you want was highlighted in the world when placing a mine/well, it would be easier to find the optimal places for those mines/wells. But this might not be possible?

(01-22-2020, 12:14 AM)Haxus Wrote: Mines and wells are not prevented from overlapping. Mines just can't overlap mines and wells can't overlap wells.

My only fear with this is the inconsistency. Not allowing any buildings at all to overlap is easy to understand by a new player, annoying as it might be, since we no longer have the elevation guide at the edge of building sites when placing them.

(01-22-2020, 01:11 AM)Haxus Wrote: This is the last remaining topic on the list of things that must be done before resetting the database. Then I will look through the various threads on the forum for more. There will likely be something I’ve missed.

Yeah, got plenty of bug report threads that might have gone unseen for too long.
Most of the exploits I have reported there are about making bases that can't be destroyed. Both in regards to AI targeting and literally impossible to reach base structures that hide behind invulnerable civilian structures.
For example: (Bug report) Civilian Buildings Block Weapon's Fire
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-01-21 Server Crash, Mesh Lighting, Name Species, Site Overlap - by Deantwo - 01-22-2020, 06:39 AM