Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-01-16 Empty Sectors
Empty Sectors
Every sector has at least one solar system. That means you can go on forever outside the galaxy.

The number of solar systems in a sector is now allowed to reach zero when the star density of the galaxy reaches zero. Star density reaches zero outside the galaxy and it can reach zero in thin areas within the galaxy, creating starless voids.

You can travel through empty sectors. The star map will show a single "explored" dot at the center. That is where the ships present and energy emissions appear.

Star density is not allowed to reach zero at the core. There is always at least one solar system at the core.

Existing sectors and solar systems are not affected.

Organ Models
Some organs still do not have 3D models.

All organs now have models to represent them in the game environment.

The organs dropped by creatures are now determined by their DNA. 

Videos Link Broken
The Videos link on the screen in the game does not work.

Fixed videos link.

Asteroid Impact Inconvenient
Some players cannot defend against the asteroid because the impact happens at an inconvenient time in their real lives.

When starting a new avatar, the impact time of the asteroid can be adjusted up to a full day before or after its scheduled time, which is one week from creation of the avatar.

Field of View Angle
The field of view angles are shown on the screen when resizing the window. They are wrong, by a factor of two. The numbers shown are twice the size of the actual field of view angles.

Field of view angles fixed when reported on the screen.

Field of view angle adjustment added to Settings|Scene window.

Default field of view angle changed from 45 degrees to 60 degrees.

Sky Box Resolution
A request was made to increase the resolution of the sky box texture.

Sky box resolution control added to Settings|Scene window. Default is 1024.

Sky box mipmap control added to Settings|Scene window. Default is on.

I find the picture quality to be the best when this is set to about 1/2 the width of the view window. Field of view angle determines how much of the sky box will be stretched across your screen at any given moment. Each 90 degrees of field of view width equates to one pane of the sky box; at 90 degrees, the number of pixels of sky box across the width of the scene equals the sky box resolution; at 120 degrees, the number is about 1.33x the sky box resolution. If the window is less than that width, the sky box texture is too big; pixels will be lost; that is where mipmapping can help. Using a skybox resolution that is 1/2 the size needed insures ample color data is available to paint each pixel of the scene, providing a richer deeper star field.

My view screen is 1600 pixels wide. At 800 pixels, my sky box looks fantastic.

Observed System Contents
The star map should show the contents of systems that are explored but not scanned.

Star map will now show contents of explored systems. Right-click now offers an "Observatory Report" for systems that are explored but not scanned.

Manufacturing Processes for Hull Modules
Why are there manufacturing processes for hull modules?

Manufacturing processes for hull modules should no longer appear anywhere.

Biodome in Deep Crater Has No Plants
A biodome in a deep crater on a moon did not have any plants inside.

Fixed plants in biodome.
Noice
(01-16-2020, 04:30 PM)Haxus Wrote: Empty Sectors

Finite universe at last!
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I think this is the best solution to the unreachable outpost situation. You can still go and enjoy the view or hide stations and storage out there, but you can't have an untouchable production base churning out stuff and ring-gates dropping you in like the Robots of Krikkit.

Can you waive the sector transition loadscreen when travelling between two empty sectors and just abstract the ship's position till it encounters something/stops/enters a system? Or do other mechanics (detection etc) depend on you loading in?
Finally! I've thought the sectors always having one system was a bit weird, so the density being 0 outside the galaxy is perfect! Should also help with people hiding trillions of sectors out

Thanks a bunch haxus!
What even
Sector transition cannot be eliminated, sorry.
It is still possible to hide, especially at the fringes. I would not be surpised to see islands of solar systems outside the apparent edges of the galaxy, wherever there is a little blob of light on the star map.
(01-16-2020, 04:43 PM)Vectorus Wrote: I think this is the best solution to the unreachable outpost situation. You can still go and enjoy the view or hide stations and storage out there, but you can't have an untouchable production base churning out stuff and ring-gates dropping you in like the Robots of Krikkit.

I suggested this several times in the past lol I'm glad it's finally implemented.

Also wow being able to change the FOV is so cool. Hazeron's got a quake-mode now lmao
(01-16-2020, 04:30 PM)Haxus Wrote: -snip-

Sky Box Resolution

-snip-

Flag resolution next maybe?  ;)
(01-16-2020, 05:05 PM)expert700 Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 04:30 PM)Haxus Wrote: -snip-

Sky Box Resolution

-snip-

Flag resolution next maybe?  ;)
That would be amazing, the universe needs to see the Tesco logo in it’s full 1080 glory