Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Civilian Buildings Block Weapon's Fire
I think I know how to counter this approach.
(01-19-2020, 01:33 AM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: I think I know how to counter this approach.

You most definitely did, very well done you have reached a new low. Literally and figuratively.

Weltreich literally lowered a mountain on my homeworld (Tail V) to undersea level, placed an underwater HQ (Zyly), built a floating sea platform on the sea surface over it, and then deleted all terrain grading.
Only way to get to this HQ is to dig down beside the platform and dig your way in under it. None of which can be done with weapon bays as there is no target, so have to manually dig using bombs.
But of course a number of buried floating platforms are also around it.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
As long as the exploit in the title of the thread is fixed, I don't think the rest of these tactics are a problem or something that needs fixing.

As long as civilian buildings stop obstructing anything when damaged to 0, every other military target can ultimately be reached. They may be a lot of work to destroy, but they are also a good deal more work to build.

Tweaking weapons bay targeting will help a lot to even the odds. But as you said, even now the target is actually destructible, which is the key thing.
(01-19-2020, 11:08 AM)Vectorus Wrote: But as you said, even now the target is actually destructible, which is the key thing.

The platforms aren't destructible, since they are only considered military if a military building is ON them, but in this case the military building is under them.
And I don't want to use hours digging down next to the platforms, and then dig in under it while underwater. For just one base.

As it is right now you don't even have to construct the platforms, they are actually even better while they are still under construction because they are invisible.

So yeah we need a solution that also account for under construction buildings and platforms.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Sure, I meant that if this the solution in this thread were implemented (0 health or under-construction buildings have no collision), that would be sufficient.