Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-01-03 Old Style Space Ships
Someone asked when I was going to get back to working on the game.

The short sarcastic answer is, "I never stop."

It was a valid question, none-the-less. The last update was posted before Christmas and I have not posted on the forum since then.

I am working on some changes to spacecraft that dragged me down a rabbit hole. That work should be completed in a few days. I expect to post an update next week, likely later in the week.

The changes may break old style space ships. The extra work to maintain the code is becoming a nuisance. The database shows over 1000 of them still in the game.

I urge everyone who is still using any old style space ships to abandon them as quickly as possible. They might not exist by the end of next week.
(01-03-2020, 02:29 PM)Haxus Wrote: The changes may break old style space ships. The extra work to maintain the code is becoming a nuisance. The database shows over 1000 of them still in the game.

I think I am the only one that actually still actively use a couple old-style ships. So I doubt there will be any issue with their removal.

But 1000 still exist? Does this include stasis?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Sounds like prep for Universe 6. ;)

But truly, we love ya man, thanks for making this damn game that we can't stay away from. :D
As someone who only uses the new style ships, I take no issue with the removal of the old ones. By all means, carry on.
By the way. The villain ship in the 3rd chapter of the Relic story is still an old-style ship. And it appears to be bugged and unable to take off.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo