Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asteroid Strikes Again!

Video 
My first week in the universe has been pretty eventful. Some key bugs / items, like Targoss and the Rocket Training mission were missing. I found out about the asteroid in game after hearing Haxus tell another player. That started a 4 day countdown of when it would hit my planet...

Many hours were spent building and getting things ready to launch into space for the the first time. On the big day, I enlisted some help from other Avatars, and we went hunting. With crappy sensors, a good calculator, and some navigational prowess from Vectorus, we got a sensor hit. We honed in on it, got visuals and were right on top of it when the unthinkable happened. A server crash with only 3.something hours left.

Needless to say the servers were down for about 3 hours and I was bricking shits. There was just enough time to build a 25 minute ship (Badger 1 by Deltova) and take care of this menace once and for all.

Taking off with no time whatsoever to spare.

https://youtu.be/EiXC-2H9Ou8

WTF....

Ok plan B. The F2 fighter sitting at the factory. There are only seconds left. I get into orbit and get visuals.

https://youtu.be/HA1ANwqtsO0

I get a little turned around on the direction, but it was too late anyway. RIP! Oh, and if that's not good enough, it kicks you off the server as well. I logged back in with my ship at about half health watching the pieces drift into a descending orbit around the sun.

Some say the asteroid can be overcome, but I don't believe it. Just from my time here, and what I've seen in-game (in a week), there is a 0/6 success ratio.

After sitting in my fighter, watching the pieces get destroyed by the sun, mourning the loss and dusting the salt off my skin, I recall to a new homeworld since there was nothing left.

I was greeted by a binary system in which I had 3 moons, a ring planet, a gas giant with rings, another gas giant with moons with rings, and a spectacular view.

Total upgrade ;)

-FinalGen

Messages In This Thread
Asteroid Strikes Again! - by FinalGen - 12-17-2019, 05:33 PM
RE: Asteroid Strikes Again! - by Haxus - 12-17-2019, 05:55 PM
RE: Asteroid Strikes Again! - by FinalGen - 12-17-2019, 06:23 PM
RE: Asteroid Strikes Again! - by Vectorus - 12-17-2019, 08:56 PM
RE: Asteroid Strikes Again! - by resonkinetic - 12-18-2019, 01:41 AM
RE: Asteroid Strikes Again! - by Neils Iyssada - 12-18-2019, 11:52 AM
RE: Asteroid Strikes Again! - by Haxus - 12-19-2019, 01:43 AM
RE: Asteroid Strikes Again! - by FinalGen - 12-19-2019, 04:34 PM