Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beware of Asteroids!
(09-01-2020, 07:39 AM)Deadeye Wrote: With the servers being offline, is the impact date also pushed forward? Ours is supposed to be arriving today but it looks like we won't be able to do anything about it at the moment.

Impact date is a date, not an amount of time.
So if the servers are down, the impact date doesn't change.

Rather or not the asteroid will be prevented from spawning or will be skipped if the date elapses while the servers are done, I don't actually know.
The asteroid is commonly unpredictable, some times it plain vanishes and never shows up, or cities don't report its existence until the last moments.

Best I can say is that if you are hit by it, feel safe in knowing that another won't impact that avatar again. Only one asteroid ever appear per avatar, and only on that avatar's original homeworld.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Said that, if you respawn on a new world before asteroid hit, it won't happen ever?
(09-05-2020, 07:35 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Said that, if you respawn on a new world before asteroid hit, it won't happen ever?

Yes. The asteroid event is only triggered for the first world a new avatar spawn on.
Ok so something interesting happened to me today. 9/12/2020 11:38am EST a asteroid hit my starter planet as expected. I evacuated to a different system days ago because the starting system was not good. 

So I was recording the event with popcorn in orbit because why not? So the planet exploded and then the star system went into limbo for like 4 hours. 

After, I jumped back in and there is my planet...and my city. Airport beacons still working with city name in the text ect...

My city was missing from the empire list. I land, yep it's real. I go to the capitol. Yep the city is still going and producing goods. 
I put down a flag, no luck, still not in the city empire list. I removed all military buildings and then the capitol. Rebuilt the capitol, renamed the city and it showed backup.

I check in the report. Everything looks fine. Next minute I see this.
 9/12/2020 2:28 PM Asteroid orbited harmlessly out to deep space.

So is this a bug? Or did the great Architect Haxus smile upon me?

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
(09-12-2020, 08:41 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: So the planet exploded and then the star system went into limbo for like 4 hours. 

After, I jumped back in and there is my planet...and my city. Airport beacons still working with city name in the text ect...

I check in the report. Everything looks fine. Next minute I see this.
 9/12/2020 2:28 PM Asteroid orbited harmlessly out to deep space.

Sounds like the server crashed and the database rolled back the solar system to before the asteroid impacted. The rolled back asteroid was probably removed by dark matter, aka vanished into deep space.

The roll backs have been happening at seemingly random for the last month or so since the game became free again. It seems to happen especially after a server reboot.
See: (Bug report) Rollbacks after every reboot?
So I guess you were just lucky/unlucky.

As for what is going on with the city list, I don't know. The city list has been unreliable while the servers are having issues, so I have heard of it happening a few times. It tends to fix itself.