Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-12-04 Land, Abandonment and Decay
I apologize that my description was not clear. That is how it will work. Abandonment begins 3 days after. That is when the penalty starts counting. I will edit the original post to add that information.
Quote:you could in theory cycle your Land

That is the reason the time is so short before abandonment begins.

A person who goes down that road commits themself to logging in at least once every three days. Its a precarious juggling match, more like spinning plates. There is a risk; the gain is small.
I suppose it's too much to ask that the change to decay is delayed until after the reset, to avoid erasing ~5 years of accumulated effort for some people before the rankings are finalized?

Or otherwise, declare the rankings final before it is implemented? Aside from that, the new system sounds great besides being slightly pay-to-win.
Best protect your heaviest colonized systems now. The servers are burning and delaying the decay will not likely happen.

There's always the option of buying a few more accounts to protect them ;P
Yes, it almost feels like extortion. Pay more or lose your cities. This is right after I bought three or four years worth of time on my main account of course. I would have rather spread that around some, regretting investing that now.
I'll spread the time between accounts for you, just send me the info.

The rankings are already finalized, more or less. I updated the wiki, the only place I know where it is memorialized. Final scores are not stored so that won't matter. I always try to think of some title for the conflict, though not terribly inspired. Please recommend changes if you wish.

The wiki page is http://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Category:History
Well, in a way you pay for cpu time and disk space for your cities and ships. Hopefully it is actually a profitable trade. I can work easily with 55 systems per account, can you?
Its actually 66.
I could of course work easily with 66 systems per account, if the game hadn't been designed differently for the past five years and I hadn't built my empire around those restrictions. Going forward it's a very reasonable number.
(12-05-2019, 12:20 AM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: Yes, it almost feels like extortion. Pay more or lose your cities. This is right after I bought three or four years worth of time on my main account of course. I would have rather spread that around some, regretting investing that now.

well you are using his resources after all