Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-11-13 Resources, Manufacturing, Skills
I found some major problems with the rock based resource limit.
1: It seems that, in this update, each resource node has only one rock, in the original system they were each up to 4 rocks.
2: One shop per node just too small when you may only get one or two nodes per world, most of the time.
3: Also extra lag from using all 500 buildings allowed on every mining world.

We really need at least the original 4 nodes, 16 would better fit the cost of new ships though.
(11-15-2019, 03:10 AM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: I found some major problems with the rock based resource limit.
1: It seems that, in this update, each resource node has only one rock, in the original system they were each up to 4 rocks.
2: One shop per node just too small when you may only get one or two nodes per world, most of the time.
3: Also extra lag from using all 500 buildings allowed on every mining world.

We really need at least the original 4 nodes, 16 would better fit the cost of new ships though.

The "nodes" don't exist. The icons you see when in the top-down view just shows where there are some rocks. It doesn't say how many rocks are there, therefore you can't count "nodes".

And yeah you probably get a little lag if you then overlap ~500 buildings on that one rock.

As I mentioned before, an advanced mining module or tool would be nice.
See: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?t...34#pid4934
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
As you draw the mine, it reports the number of actual rocks contained within the proposed site boundary.

You will find quantities that slightly exceed the density of the old terrain tiles, which contained up to four rocks per tile.
Ah, excellent, so it was just bad luck with my test world only having one rock per icon then?
(11-16-2019, 03:17 AM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: Ah, excellent, so it was just bad luck with my test world only having one rock per icon then?

I am also showing one rock per icon, significantly less than old-style cities, despite higher requirements to build new-style buildings and ships. And higher population.

Is this just a bug, then? Or if not, an increase of 4-6 processes allowed per rock would seem proportionate.