Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2018-08-09 Building Codes, Town Square Nerf, Lunar Farming, City Founder

Improvements much appreciated. Nice work.

The only thing I question is the town square nerf. It's premature. Various calculation changes in the recent past have made published designs unbuildable/unpredictable. Old cities remain a rock-solid way for a new player to get started, and even for an old player to get going in a new system. I believe that, right now, the list of pre-made designs is not comprehensive or well-tested enough to be our only option. Maybe soon, but not right now. New players may be scared off when they find that they can't progress without some serious design work of their own.

Moreover, a lot of the information for new players is simply not available in a coherent manner. You really have to hope someone more experienced is online.
I think you'll find that everyone wants to have a go with new cities. Leaving old city-building in place a little longer will not appreciably hinder the growing dominance of the new style. It will just help people get started.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018-08-09 Building Codes, Town Square Nerf, Lunar Farming, City Founder - by Vectorus - 08-09-2018, 01:53 PM