Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
energy to matter building
where you spend large amount of energy to create things
You need to be more detailed then that.  Don't just make your idea post a continuation of the title.

But based on what little you said I'm guessing you're talking about a building that converts energy into matter and complies it into objects?

Like a Star-Trek replicator.

I'm unsure if that would be feasible. I mean it be probably easy to put in but balancing it against the rest of the game would be difficult I think.   If we had those then what point would there be in exploring for resources when we could zap whatever item we want into existence.

The only real way I see that sort of thing working would be if the energy requirements are just so extremely high that only if you super specialize a planet into Energy to Matter industry would it be wroth it.

But that's just my opinion.
I am not sure it would make sense as a building. Buildings and cities already have infinite resources, so they also have infinite energy.

I once suggested a food synthesizer, a belt utility item that uses gigacells to make food or simply refill your hunger bar directly.

A type of "replicator" could also be implemented for spacecraft, a way to make basic tools and spare parts at the cost of the limited energy/fuel the spacecraft has.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
was thinking of something like producing low stuff like metal and gems with out the need of the stuff on the planet as a late game kind of thing
What for?
(08-08-2018, 11:19 PM)nightslaysanta Wrote: was thinking of something like producing low stuff like metal and gems with out the need of the stuff on the planet as a late game kind of thing

If it is a late-game thing, you already have access to all those things in great quantity and better quality.

Unless the building create very high quality commodities, it would be useless. But at the same time if it create commodities that are too high quality there will be no need to make anything else.

And like I mentioned earlier, cities have infinite resources and therefore infinite electrical power.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
There's also the fact that every planet has resources like ore and gems, which could just be extracted directly.
just something to make colonizing inferno planets easier
Who said it need to be easier?
well i did i like having each planet making metals