Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
University not working?

So I have a city called Melville.
It currently has 2173 population, 7079 jobs, and 14726 homes 12000 of which are supplied by the local university as small dorm rooms.  That part seems to work, although they complain about the cramped conditions.

The university has 512 auditoriums, and the colony still has -2 morale for for missing university.
Each auditorium should provide space for 70 students.  This university design(3162203 BASUNI12K) should have capacity for 35840 students.
Why are they still complaining about lack of university?

Your auditoriums need to be assigned to a manufacturing line in order for it to be counted. Just assign it to some garbage research like Preon Rings and you should be set.

As far as I know a university require both auditoriums and offices of equal amount in order to count for morale. I am not sure though.

Having to assign patent processes sounds weird, but I guess?
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Seems that they do not require more than one office, however I would like to complain about the need to assign auditoriums. Some schools do not research and still count as public education.

I am open to opinions on this one.

Should universities be an exception, where they count for morale even if they aren't doing anything?

(08-29-2018, 09:15 PM)Haxus Wrote: I am open to opinions on this one.

Should universities be an exception, where they count for morale even if they aren't doing anything?

Probably.  Would make sense that universities would make people happy without having to do production. Seems like the production is just the government funding the reserch labs while happiness would come from people attending the classes there.

Other option is to make an special production option in the university that doesn't produce reserch but just makes happiness.  FREE TUITION or something.

I think they should be the exception. Most morale buildings need only service jobs; universities have a disproportionate cost both in money and personnel compared to other morale buildings.

There's also no connexion between the processes run and the morale bonus. I'm not sure why the fact the government is trying to obtain a slightly better patent for making tesloid dissipators should compensate, even slightly, for the fact that (let's say) I'm living on Pluto with no electricity. I assume that the happiness produced by universities is a general contentment at the fact decent tertiary education is available, even if only a few are actually using it. The fact the buildings are there suggests that the funding and the political will are in place: if you wanted to get a university degree, the government would make it possible. But in fact, you're trapped into a futile existence single-handedly building an endless succession of space battleships every day by economic circumstances beyond your control.

Universities now give morale even if they are not researching patents.