Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-10-21 Animals, Stargazer
Client update is posted for Windows 64. Updates are still building for other platforms.

Heads dropped by gen4 animals can now be seen. They retain the haircut and shave of the donor. They do not retain the helmet.

Heads cause a noticeable lag spike due to the time it takes to create the model, mainly due to the hair. The lag spike is because it is doing all the work in the foreground gui thread. I will smooth this out.

Head-only pose works now. Gen4 animals can now enter enclosed vehicles.
Something worth noting, Haxus. The avatar model is slightly off center from the camera it would seem.

Also just an aesthetic gripe, not sure how much control we'll have with the species editor but: if the photorealistic eyes were replaced and the huge mouth spheres were entirely absent, it would complete the cartoony look and be much more appealing to look at. We're still close to "uncanny valley" territory but you're much closer to closing the gap.
The camera is placed in the dominant eye, according to right or left handedness. That isn't exactly realistic but we don't really want to specify right or left eyedness.
The mouth piece is necessary. Even cartoons have mouths. Otherwise it just looks like a balloon with a face on it.

The DNA editor gives some control over the dimensions and placement of the mouth. It is a separate chromosome so you wouldn't strictly have to add a mouth if you didn't want one, unless I create a rule that requires all animals to have a mouth.
(10-26-2019, 01:12 AM)Haxus Wrote: The mouth piece is necessary. Even cartoons have mouths. Otherwise it just looks like a balloon with a face on it.

The DNA editor gives some control over the dimensions and placement of the mouth. It is a separate chromosome so you wouldn't strictly have to add a mouth if you didn't want one, unless I create a rule that requires all animals to have a mouth.

Women with small mouths are cute...
(10-27-2019, 04:11 AM)resonkinetic Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 01:12 AM)Haxus Wrote: The mouth piece is necessary. Even cartoons have mouths. Otherwise it just looks like a balloon with a face on it.

Women with small mouths are cute...

And big eyes.

See: (Wikipedia) Big Eyes, Small Mouth
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Dean, stop spamming links.
Honk Honk!