Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019-10-09 Forum Version Update
(10-10-2019, 08:03 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Actually they are quite easy to spot before they post their sh*t - weird or obvious names, spam links in signature and a suspicious bio.
If there was at least one volunteer with some limited admin rights, spambots wouldn't last long.

Some of them are indeed easy to spot. But I wouldn't suggest reporting/banning users that aren't 100% obvious spam, since a false positive is not good for anyone.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(10-10-2019, 08:37 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 08:03 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Actually they are quite easy to spot before they post their sh*t - weird or obvious names, spam links in signature and a suspicious bio.
If there was at least one volunteer with some limited admin rights, spambots wouldn't last long.

Some of them are indeed easy to spot. But I wouldn't suggest reporting/banning users that aren't 100% obvious spam, since a false positive is not good for anyone.

Indeed. When I see a new account I verify it, and if it's obvious I report it, else I leave it. The same goes for a bot-banner.
It's a shame that there are already several re-capcha solving systems out there. A few companies that do it as well but they are more expensive than the algorithms.
Just dropping in, probably becoming more active for a while. I checked up on the updates and I'm looking forward to seeing the new avatars/animals and everything in-game. Keep up the good work.
I volunteer as mod.
I have plenty of free time an would love a community job
... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero.
(10-14-2019, 07:46 AM)Slaxx Wrote: I volunteer as mod.

Song like a Deantwo basing plan :D .
(10-14-2019, 07:46 AM)Slaxx Wrote: I volunteer as mod.

I vote no.
As is to further stress the need for a Mod we get a spam post in the thread. I'd say just make Deantwo a mod, He's proven to not be one to abuse power in the discord and is far more consistently active than any other member of the community.
We are the Dreadknought Conspiracy. Please discard all further questions.