Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ship teleported 120 sectors outside galaxy
(04-01-2022, 03:26 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 02:54 PM)Greydog Wrote: I'm not sure the infrastructure in a system has anything to do with it. In my experience it only happens during a transition from one system/sector to another. If you have a lot of ships transiting between systems it seems logical that your chances of getting glitched would increase.

It can also happen when a spacecraft transitions between gravity wells in a solar system. Which is why I assume it is a coordinate transfer issue when transitioning from one scene to another. Probably an integer overflow or something during the calculations.

This right here is most likely what is happening.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
(04-01-2022, 03:29 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 03:26 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 02:54 PM)Greydog Wrote: I'm not sure the infrastructure in a system has anything to do with it. In my experience it only happens during a transition from one system/sector to another. If you have a lot of ships transiting between systems it seems logical that your chances of getting glitched would increase.

It can also happen when a spacecraft transitions between gravity wells in a solar system. Which is why I assume it is a coordinate transfer issue when transitioning from one scene to another. Probably an integer overflow or something during the calculations.

This right here is most likely what is happening.
+1, most of the time it's when being too close to gravity wells, or when I look away from a ship going into/outside one. Ships that don't have to deal with them, such as exploration ships, haven't yet gotten yeeted on my end.
Miners and Patrol ships are sure to get yeeted eventually on my experience.

NOTE: After removing the 2 stations and using different designs, Quantum Yeeting has not yet happened again on my system.
Happened to me again today just after finishing a brand new ship and filling it with resources. Worst part is losing your crew experience. I was moving from my home world to a gas giant in my own system. So frustrating.
I know this is an old issue, but anecdotally it is much worse after the latest update. After seeing this maybe once or twice per month previously, I have been ejected from the galaxy five times in a little over 24 hours. Could just 'lucky', but maybe something changed to make this more prevalent now so it gets a bump for visibility.
(04-16-2022, 05:55 PM)bonusmop Wrote: I know this is an old issue, but anecdotally it is much worse after the latest update. After seeing this maybe once or twice per month previously, I have been ejected from the galaxy five times in a little over 24 hours.  Could just 'lucky', but maybe something changed to make this more prevalent now so it gets a bump for visibility.

That sucks.  It hasn't happened to me since I last posted.

Not sure if this really works or I'm just getting lucky, but every time I put in a mission target I always look straight ahead into the viewport as the crew moves out of orbit.  Since I've been doing that, I haven't had any problem.  Maybe there is something about the coordinate calculation and where your avatar is looking, who knows?  Knock on wood...

Regardless, this is a huge problem that I hope is fixed soon.  I hold my breath every time I travel.
I've lost too many ships to this bug in the last week :'(

Traveling via wormholes has been relatively stable and bug-free for me after one of the latest patches, but this one is... punishing.

I'd even fork over hard cash to have this one fixed, no joke. It's so demeaning to have it hit you and to be set back by hours (at minimum) because of it.

I really want to build an Atlantis+ to leave my system and start off on a long journey through space with friends on board, but I've had this bug hit me so many times I've relegated myself to taking short hops and just crossing my fingers on whether or not any given journey will send me into the abyss of deep space.

I'm praying for an Easter miracle here for this one to be fixed
We must defeat the galactic yeet.
Ship gets apparently randomly thrown far away into deep space, way out from the galaxy. Can't attach a screenshot because even the forum bugs lol

I couldn't find a trigger - just happened normally. Happened once as I was on the way to a wormhole and another time when I was traveling between planets.

Not just a display error, ship nav and exterior shows its real.

(09-13-2022, 02:19 PM)Akynos Wrote: Ship gets apparently randomly thrown far away into deep space, way out from the galaxy

Well known issue. Merged with existing bug report.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Happened to me yesterday to some crewed and officered shuttle that was ordered to orbit a world in the same system while I wasn't on-board and berth-a-ported to another system.
I also used a WH ship before realizing the shuttle was teleported, but it seems unlikely this caused the issue since the shuttle would have arrived on orbit way before I used the WH ship.