Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
ground based weapon systems seem to have some serious bugs associated with them

I was doing some weapon testing in a temporary empire, and it appears that ground bases consistently cease fire when they are one shot away from killing the target.

It takes a while to rig up for a test since I need to get rid of all of the non ground based defenses to stage this, but in 2 tests so far the ground based defenses stopped shooting at 15% hull integrity or so and left me alone.  The second time I had a giant 250 worker power plant in place since I thought it was a power generation issue the first time.  Its definitely not, there is plenty of power down there still, it took them about 5 minutes to get here without the power plant, with it they took about 30 seconds and then ceased fire.

Did some additional testing, flying in and out of range, and in and out of the ADIZ, and even in and out of loading range for the planet doesn't change anything.  They still dont want to shoot me any more.

Flew a spacecraft into range and it yeeted the target ship from this mortal coil immediately.

'Hit (WEAPON TESTING (AGAIN)) DKTFN! Inflicted 3031896 hits of Electrical damage. 432698 hits of Electrical damage absorbed. (WEAPON TESTING (AGAIN)) DKTFN destroyed!'
'Sensor contact lost. Scope is clear.'

Update again: very interesting turn of events.  My guy on board the ship got flung out of it, but its actually still there on 18k HP now.

'Enemy (WEAPON TESTING (AGAIN)) DKTFN, Halcyon JIHAD PNN class Submersible Starship, Q229, 1,528,192m³,  18,200/2,618,245 hp at [TESTING SITE REDACTED], Shores of Hazeron'

[Image: iNyqBSe.png]

Sensors are still clear on the attacking starship, but the target ship still exists.

I have edited the topic title accordingly.

I have a second starship on scene, it can see the target on sensors but i cant seem to select it or fire on it. Neither can the crew.

[Image: GmVHfX5.png]

It now also appears to be visible on the first starships sensors once again, but it also cant select it or fire on it.

Side note, this whole automatically combining multiple posts thing is starting to get really ugly, could someone turn that off?

Trying to place bombs or C4 on it ineffective, they seem to phase through. The ship is collideable for my characters but not for bombs or c4.

Nice ship btw, perfectly shaped to fuck ground defences
[Image: unknown.png]