Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds Bugs

Haxus I came across a few issues working on my Audio Pack Overhaul I am putting together for the community:

1. After altering a Sound with a custom .wav file, the distance and roll off modifiers no longer apply. (The volume bars for both the sound and master sound are working)
2. Several of the sounds associated with Spacecraft are bugged, and play endlessly at any distance, anywhere you are once the sound has been loaded into memory. So, once you load in, the sound loads and plays, you can exit the spacecraft, teleport anywhere or be anywhere and still hear all the Spacecraft sounds as if you were still aboard the spacecraft. This bug only happens once the associated sound has been modified with a custom .wav. Returning them to their default values and restarting the client halts the bug.
3. I'm not sure but am making a guess: Client only supports PCM 16 bit, using PCM 24-bit or 32-bit results in the playback being garbled and tons of static scratchiness. Utilizing PCM16@44100k results in no issues. However, what is supported and not, is not documented anywhere.

Hoping this issue gets resolved because I have been working very hard on this Sound Pack for the community and I think it is going make people very happy with the new higher quality and better sounds.

Thanks

There is also the issue(?) that on windows it seems the settings are stored in the registry instead of in a conf file like on linux. That is going to make sharing such a pack way more difficult since instead of instructing someone "open this file and paste these lines under [Sound]" its now "open up regedit and do all this stuff"

Using registry is just kinda strange, it should just use a conf file.

I agree, it is pretty silly. Without either, will require players to manually add each custom sound line by line in-game, and there are like around 150 or something. I have half completed but discovered these issues fiddling around and testing the new sounds.