Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ship teleported 120 sectors outside galaxy

(01-20-2022, 08:38 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 08:30 PM)Snowmantis Wrote: Frustrating because it wipes the save file and unless you have manually copied the save file very recently, there is little recourse other than to teleport home and let the ship either die or have it self destruct to get a new captain to spawn. 
All crew and associated skill levels are lost.

I don't think any connection between the two issues has been found. The save game corruption seem to be able to happen without this bug, and I find it somewhat unlikely they directly cause eachother.
The two bug could have the same trigger though, would be weird but possible.
See: (Bug report) BUG: Save game gone

Did the recent 1-13-2022 update actually get released yet? My Hazeron Starship beta shows Jan 14, 2021 build still. 

If the two bugs are releated that would be very interesting. I mean it's quite possible that the save games are getting corrupted after the bug occurs. It would makes sense that there is an issue writing the save state with invalid data.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

(01-22-2022, 11:54 AM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Did the recent 1-13-2022 update actually get released yet? My Hazeron Starship beta shows Jan 14, 2021 build still. 

If the two bugs are releated that would be very interesting. I mean it's quite possible that the save games are getting corrupted after the bug occurs. It would makes sense that there is an issue writing the save state with invalid data.

There has not been any software update yet. Haxus said he would release an update towards the end of february.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(01-23-2022, 03:25 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 11:54 AM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Did the recent 1-13-2022 update actually get released yet? My Hazeron Starship beta shows Jan 14, 2021 build still. 

There has not been any software update yet. Haxus said he would release an update towards the end of february.

Ok makes sense. Thanks Deantwo. I've have not had time to read that whole thread about the next update. Back on topic now  Smile

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

(01-20-2022, 08:30 PM)Snowmantis Wrote: Confirmed the "Lost in Space" bug still exists and within Hazeron Starship beta. 
Frustrating because it wipes the save file and unless you have manually copied the save file very recently, there is little recourse other than to teleport home and let the ship either die or have it self destruct to get a new captain to spawn. 
All crew and associated skill levels are lost.

I can confirm this. It seems to only happen while in transition. glitching you to a location many sectors away while the map states you never left the solar system. The issue seems to be much more frequent in Starship.

It's not wiping the save, it's overwriting it. If it glitches, don't quit the game, it will autosave and overwrite your manual save, kill the process instead and it will load the last manual save.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

can confirm this bug still exists. i've been unable to use the wormhole drive as i pretty much immediately become stranded extremely far from the galaxy every time i try. please send help, or rations, the corpses of my self-destructed crew can only sustain me for so long.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: IoGLtuRyxu.gif]
[Image: lRCAwAJA5u.gif]

This keeps happening to me too.
[Image: fYKwH5V.png]

One of our guys keeps getting flung outside systems on a regular basis. For some strange reason, I've yet to encounter this bug yet.

Has gotten me extremely curious.
"Goddamn it Snakey quit biting the hull" - Staines
"I played EVE with this fuck and he wouldn't shut the fuck up" -ScottyB

OG Toucan and Syndicate member.

I had this happen today as I left the atmosphere of my homeworld. Ship was issued a command to travel to coordinates of Ruby's system to assist with asteroids in the next few days.
On leaving the atmosphere the ship teleported 27,000,000,000 pc away from the center of the system, without leaving the system.

Had this happen at least twice. We've lost a shuttle when leaving atmosphere some days ago ; then we've avoided a massive extinction because my ship was teleported on the void while the asteroid was 5M distance from planet (fortunately I was playing so I could self-destruct and recover it in time).
Hope this will be fixed soon as I don't want to repair big ships for no reason in the future.

Sadly this bug has claimed more than a few of my ships this universe :(