Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2022-02-03 Server Status Update
(02-26-2022, 02:33 AM)Starhero Wrote: I personally don't see a universe where both editors co-exist...as the new ships are far far far better than the old ships even if you make them identical to them in most ways...its just how the calculations are done...

Yeah it won't work to simply re-implement the old designer again.

What most of us mean is that we would like a new "simple mode" for the new designer. Somewhat similar to how the old designer worked. It mainly just has to be for interiors, easy drawing hallways and rooms, then choosing locations for doors and equipment.
See also: (Idea thread) Ship Designer - Interior Layout Tool

(02-26-2022, 06:07 AM)Greydog Wrote: But unless we can upload our creations to the exchange it's all really kind of moot anyway ;) ( Exchange stopped accepting uploads since the migration)

That is only the website Blueprint Exchange.

Once the MMO is going again, it is likely easier if you use the in-game Blueprint Exchange, since it means that other people don't have to finalize your published blueprints themselves before use.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(02-26-2022, 02:01 PM)Deantwo Wrote: What most of us mean is that we would like a new "simple mode" for the new designer. Somewhat similar to how the old designer worked. It mainly just has to be for interiors, easy drawing hallways and rooms, then choosing locations for doors and equipment.

You know, I really like the idea from danthemanisme95 in that thread. Use a designer to create modular parts/hall ways/rooms and then a assembly mode to drag and drop to quickly build. That could be interesting.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
(02-26-2022, 04:54 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote:
(02-26-2022, 02:01 PM)Deantwo Wrote: What most of us mean is that we would like a new "simple mode" for the new designer. Somewhat similar to how the old designer worked. It mainly just has to be for interiors, easy drawing hallways and rooms, then choosing locations for doors and equipment.

You know, I really like the idea from danthemanisme95 in that thread. Use a designer to create modular parts/hall ways/rooms and then a assembly mode to drag and drop to quickly build. That could be interesting.

Give me a grid and let me draw walls like in The Sims, much simpler. But I don't know what would be easier to implement,

However as I wrote in the above mentioned thread, I do believe that stricter rules for interiors would be a good idea from a "PvP game with ship designer" point of view. The current "Second Life in space" style designer we have now is good for creativeness, but it adds possibility for a lot of PvP exploits while boarding enemy ships is an intended gameplay feature.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I am building the release versions of the software.

These are the platforms I am building for.

Windows, 64 bits
Windows, 32 bits
Ubuntu 20, 64 bits

Does anyone want a build for any other Linux platform?
The launcher is requesting that we download a new version from the website, however the download page seems to be missing.
(02-28-2022, 05:28 PM)Haxus Wrote: I am building the release versions of the software.

Windows, 64 bits
Windows, 32 bits
Ubuntu 20, 64 bits

Would be nice to have a version for Arch. Shouldn't be hard, since I already can run Starship without wine.
(02-28-2022, 05:28 PM)Haxus Wrote: I am building the release versions of the software.

Windows, 64 bits
Windows, 32 bits
Ubuntu 20, 64 bits

I run Fedora myself. The Arch compile may work on my system, or it may not. Not entirely certain.

Windows, 64 bits
Windows, 32 bits
Ubuntu 20, 64 bits

Would love an Arch build.

You might want to look into using AppImage however. It means you can make one "build" that will work on pretty much any Linux platform. Saves you from having to build on a lot of distros for such few people, especially if it ends up being a lot of work on your end. We certainly appreciate that you do though!

Windows, 64 bits
Windows, 32 bits
Ubuntu 20, 64 bits

Mac version? I know some people who would play but don't have a Windows machine.
[Image: fYKwH5V.png]
I'm just fine with Ubuntu and Win64. Though Arch is tempting.

Surely Haxus meant March 1st 00:00 CST.