Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ship teleported 120 sectors outside galaxy

(03-16-2021, 06:24 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: P.S.
Is starship only available in Steam?

yep, at the moment
What even

(03-16-2021, 06:24 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: That's practically possible, just not easily achievable in normal game.
Imagine every solarsystem a bubble. Normally, bubbles push each other and where they touch, the ship transit to the next system.
But if bubble somehow won't push the nearby bubbles, you may end up far-far-away while still being inside the bubble.

P.S.
Is starship only available in Steam?

That describes the observation quite well. 

Yeah it's on Steam. It's in beta right now. If you want a key, PM Haxus, I'm sure he would give you one. There are a few nice things that were done to help with testing. Wormhole and Warp research only take 4 or less minutes per research. So you can get warp 9 quite fast.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Update:

Same underlying issue/cause but with a different observation. While traveling to the galactic core, I encountered a star system where the mechanism that triggers a system transition is broken. I walked away from my computer and when I came back I was at sector 0,0,1. But...the system I was in was actually 89,0,1

GPS cords said 0,0,1 but my current system was indeed one at sector 89,0,1. The System Map showed I was still in the system in question too. So...I set an orbit from there and triggered a manual warp (the crew would not do it), and let that play out. Now my ship is in orbit in that system but cannot travel anywhere else. If I try to go to any nearby star system it crashes the game. Awesome!

I will send a sacrificial ship to that same system to verify if the transition mechanism is indeed broken in that system and update.

Update: 

Confirmed - Any ship entering into the "afflicted system" is forever stuck. You can't travel to any other system.

I will try to open a Ringworld stargate to see if the ship can be rescued.

(04-21-2021, 07:22 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: I will try to open a Ringworld stargate to see if the ship can be rescued.

Using any wormhole would likely get you out of the affected system.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

(04-24-2021, 11:55 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 07:22 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: I will try to open a Ringworld stargate to see if the ship can be rescued.

Using any wormhole would likely get you out of the affected system.

Yeah I realized that later  Tongue 

I tried wormholes, no effect. All transitions of any kind seem to be broken. Ouch.
For kicks and giggles I'll try the stargate but it's only for the take of trying. I'm sure the code is the same as a wormhole.

Edit: Tried the stargate, of course same effect and I expected it anyways.

But what happens when you enter a wormhole? You appear back at the same place? Crew won't fly into?

(04-27-2021, 07:13 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: But what happens when you enter a wormhole? You appear back at the same place? Crew won't fly into?

Game just crashes to desktop sadly. Thats the outcome of anything I try.

Confirmed the "Lost in Space" bug still exists and within Hazeron Starship beta.
Frustrating because it wipes the save file and unless you have manually copied the save file very recently, there is little recourse other than to teleport home and let the ship either die or have it self destruct to get a new captain to spawn.
All crew and associated skill levels are lost.

(01-20-2022, 08:30 PM)Snowmantis Wrote: Frustrating because it wipes the save file and unless you have manually copied the save file very recently, there is little recourse other than to teleport home and let the ship either die or have it self destruct to get a new captain to spawn. 
All crew and associated skill levels are lost.

I don't think any connection between the two issues has been found. The save game corruption seem to be able to happen without this bug, and I find it somewhat unlikely they directly cause eachother.
The two bugs could have the same trigger though, would be weird but possible.
See: (Bug report) BUG: Save game gone
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo