Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kindly revert to the old(old) style cities and spacecraft

Lightbulb 
The square city building blocks were better and easier to use, as was the old ship designer.

Not realistically possible.

Or just make the new systems easier to use

(12-30-2020, 01:41 AM)wad67 Wrote: The square city building blocks were better and easier to use, as was the old ship designer.

Haxus once said "there is no going back, only forward" or something like that when he was asked this. Which is why I am sure he would rather start on the next generation of ships/buildings than revert to the old versions.

(12-30-2020, 08:18 AM)resonkinetic Wrote: Or just make the new systems easier to use

Exactly. And this is also easier than rolling back 10 years of code changes.

What we are really missing is just some more tools for the designer to make it easier to use.
There are plenty of idea threads about this.

I would say however that I still think the current version of buildings are a little too confusing to use. I would love to see the building types impose more restrictions and limits. Make building volume allocation simpler to understand and use. But I have talked about this at length other places.
See: (Idea thread) Building Blueprint Simplification
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Okay, if there is no going back allowed. Simply reimplement the old style cities and ship designer!

I don't think there's any need to reimplement the old style cities and ships. it be better to make the new designer to make it easier to use.
I don't think there would be any point of reimplementing the old style cities and ships.

It would make video game fun again

mr matrix man pls do it

I still don't see the point of that btw. making the new designer to make it easier to use would make it more fun.

old style had huge drawbacks to usability away from the equator, as nice as the grid squares were it should probably stay dead

edit: this is in reference to the old-style grid cities, not the old spacecraft designer