Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-12-22 Bug Fixes
Sunset Color
Light color on the clouds at sunset and sunrise is based only on the sun light color, which means there are only seven possible sunset colors. Could this be influenced by atmosphere color for more variety?

Light color on the clouds at sunset and sunrise is now modulated by atmosphere color to give more variety.

Designer Preview Bug
Designer building design preview puts me in orbit.

Fixed initial placement bug in designer preview.

Designer Building Preview Terrain Bug
Building preview in designer does not deform the terrain.

Fixed terrain update bug in designer preview.

Star Map Docking Bug
The star map displays random images when you dock and undock it.

Docking and undocking appears to cause problems with the OpenGL map display. The only fix I could find for this was to prevent that window from docking at all.

Solo Atom Managers
Solo play needs more threads to run the universe in the background or it will get increasingly choppy as the player expands their empire.

Implemented atom managers from the scene servers. More threads will now enable a larger solo play empire.
Hi Haxus!

Been a quiet month around here, so I hope everything is ok with you.

(12-22-2020, 03:22 PM)Haxus Wrote: Sunset Color
Light color on the clouds at sunset and sunrise is based only on the sun light color, which means there are only seven possible sunset colors. Could this be influenced by atmosphere color for more variety?

Light color on the clouds at sunset and sunrise is now modulated by atmosphere color to give more variety.

What determines the atmosphere color then? I am just curious if it is based atmosphere composition or something maybe, or if it is just a random color based on world seed.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Atmosphere color is generated for each planet. Color selection is influenced by atmosphere composition. Colors tend to get richer as atmospheric composition gets worse. Standard atmospheres barely have any color at all.
Everything is fine with us.

There have been several interruptions to my work in the past month, a mix of good and bad. All is well now.

Here is a bit of a status update. I am probably repeating some things.

My focus right now is on finalizing the solo play version for Steam, called Hazeron Starship. Steam has given their approval. All I need to do now is finalize the software and push the Coming Soon button, which starts a two week countdown before the software is actually available on Steam.

Instead of rushing to push the button, I decided to finish a few more things to add more content to the game. Two things would add a lot.

Completion of the pirate empires only requires spacecraft and building designs; then they will become active. That will add more variety to pirates. They are ranked for difficulty, using increasingly powerful ships and building larger bases. Only the two easiest pirate empires are currently active.

More story would be helpful at the beginning, to get the player started and to tie together the current story pieces. Then the addition of a few more chapters at the end, to continue the story, would extend the solo play game a little longer. My goal is to eventually produce more story content every month. More story means more time before a player catches up to the writer(s) as we create more story.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Merry Christmas, Haxus! I'm glad to hear things are going well, and thanks for all the hard work.
(12-22-2020, 04:23 PM)Haxus Wrote: Completion of the pirate empires only requires spacecraft and building designs; then they will become active.

As said last time. If you want help making blueprints for buildings or ships, I am sure the community would love to help.

And if you have some time for bug fixing, I did make a list of the most annoying issues currently plaguing the game. I neatly placed them in a spreadsheet, with information and priorities.
Here: (Thread) Currently Most Annoying Issues
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(12-22-2020, 06:14 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 04:23 PM)Haxus Wrote: Completion of the pirate empires only requires spacecraft and building designs; then they will become active.

As said last time. If you want help making blueprints for buildings or ships, I am sure the community would love to help.

And if you have some time for bug fixing, I did make a list of the most annoying issues currently plaguing the game. I neatly placed them in a spreadsheet, with information and priorities.
Here: (Thread) Currently Most Annoying Issues
Re: blueprint help, definitely. And I promise I can do simple as well as...er...my usual.

That was a very helpful you've done there Dean!
I am wondering... if we are able to successfully capture and command a pirate ship, can we obtain the blueprint to make the ship ourselves (reverse engineer)?
Quote:I am wondering...  if we are able to successfully capture and command a pirate ship, can we obtain the blueprint to make the ship ourselves (reverse engineer)?

I asked Dr Karlov while I had him on ice, and he said no...
[Image: 9R1kN0a.png]

But I would love to be able to...at least with a percentage chance of successful reverse engineering.
(12-22-2020, 03:22 PM)Haxus Wrote: Sunset Color

Is this really a priority? Is there nothing else more important in the game that you could spend your time on to make it better?