Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-11-16 Steam Update, Primeval Nerf
Thanks for the details Haxus about Hazeron Starship!

Your plan to use funds for that to help upgrade the server infrastructure is solid plan. I'm still looking forward to the features that will be added to the solo play as time goes on.

I most likely will be spending all my time in the solo game due to time constraints in real life. I just can't pay for something I can only play an hour or two a day, and sometimes zero hours some days. Plus the better the solo game does, that money will only help secure the future of Hazeron. I don't want to see this project die, it's too good. 

So my fingers are crossed that you have some long term plans for the solo game. Like AI empires and what not. 

How about the ship designer for the solo game? Just curious.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
(11-18-2020, 05:04 PM)Haxus Wrote: Hazeron Starship is strictly solo. There is no option to play limited multiplayer with anybody else.

This will make some people really sad. But yeah it is not like you ever promise they would be able to.

(11-18-2020, 05:04 PM)Haxus Wrote: The universe is generated in exactly the same way as the on line game. It is no smaller in the solo game. All galaxies are present in all dimensions. Details of solar systems and resources are not the same as the on line game, because the seed value for the universe is based on the time of its creation.

I understand the universe generation seed has to be different from the MMO universe's generation seed. But it saddens me a little bit that the seed will be different between the solo universe games.

It would be cool if all players of Hazeron Starship had the same identical universe seed. That way people could find cool solar systems or worlds and share the coordinates so others could find them in their version of the universe too.
By the way, using "42" as a universe generation seed is always fun.

If it is setup to have the new avatars always spawn "remote"/ramdomly in the galaxy, it will take a while before people even notice and it would take a long time before people meta it too much.

(11-18-2020, 05:24 PM)Haxus Wrote: Pirates do build bases and you can encounter them. Unfortunately they are unfinished. Only the two lowest level (easiest) pirate empires are complete so they are the only ones you encounter atm; they build small bases. To finish the other pirate empires, I need to design their ships and buildings. It's a time consuming process.

I know you aren't much for accepting help with development and such, but you could do a community content for designing some pirate buildings/ships. It could just be concept drawings or actual Hazeron blueprints.
You just have to give a little information about what you would want each pirate faction to be like and their strength/technology level to be.

If you really want to give away rewards or payment, just offer a free copy of Hazeron Starship or a couple months of MMO gametime (once the subscription start again). Or even just minor things like a "contest winner" forum badge. Some people might even do it solely to have their name shown as the architect of the blueprint in-game.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(11-18-2020, 10:59 PM)Deantwo Wrote: By the way, using "42" as a universe generation seed is always fun.

So Haxus, not sure if your planning to allow for seed inputs...but if you do...I vote that the number 42 should spawn a universe full of furry fox DeanTwo's.

Everyone you talk to should just be named DeanTwo. Targoss...nope, DeanTwo. All life is just DeanTwo. 

Sorry but Easter eggs and secrets are just about mandatory right  :)

[Image: AhQ9qCP.gif]

(11-18-2020, 11:24 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: So Haxus, not sure if your planning to allow for seed inputs...

I was considering asking that too. But the idea of having everyone have the same solo universe was more interesting. Could just have the default seed be the same for everyone I guess.

Plus you know someone would just use it in an attempt to find the MMO universe seed.

(11-18-2020, 11:24 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: I vote that the number 42 should spawn a universe full of furry fox DeanTwo's.

But I am not a furry. And 42 is a science fiction reference, not a Deantwo reference.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitchh...the_Galaxy

And: https://www.engadget.com/2008-09-25-agdc...-joke.html

(11-18-2020, 11:24 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: DeanTwo

It is spelled "Deantwo". I know my name is Dean, but it really is written as one word and the capitalized T annoys me to no end.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Quote:the idea of having everyone have the same solo universe was more interesting
I like the idea of the solo universe being consistent between all solo players. Consider it done. 42? Why not.

That will not cause all players to start on the exact same homeworld in their respective universes. I like that.
Quote:DeanTwo Wrote:

But I am not a furry. And 42 is a science fiction reference, not a Deantwo reference.

Ok, yeah your right, not 100% a furry, more like a Neko furry. Yeah I know 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything. I have an original signed first edition, love that book. 
I was just giving you a hard time. I apricate and fully acknowledge all the work you do for the Hazeron community. 

[Image: 3c7.jpg]

Quote:DeanTwo... Deantwo Wrote:

It is spelled "Deantwo". I know my name is Dean, but it really is written as one word a capitalized T annoys me to no end..

Sorry I do a lot of automation scripting so I do CamelCase without even noticing some times. I'll make a note not to do that again with your name.

Quote:Haxus Wrote:

like the idea of the solo universe being consistent between all solo players. Consider it done. 42? Why not.

That will not cause all players to start on the exact same homeworld in their respective universes. I like that.

Nice!

would be nice if add some sort of coop play (using peoples own internet) to the non MMO scenario. People just like to have friends lookat what their making or work together on it. Would add to more paying on this idea and agree its a good idea, but feel this would help.
(11-21-2020, 01:45 PM)zephar Wrote: would be nice if add some sort of coop play (using peoples own internet) to the non MMO scenario. People just like to have friends lookat what their making or work together on it. Would add to more paying on this idea and agree its a good idea, but feel this would help.

Co-op would add some decent $$ value to the game.

I agree, I would expect to pay more for it and be well worth it =).
Co-Op would likely be difficult to implement well, without openning up the possibility to hacking it to become fully multiplayer.