Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Game crashes at load in (solved)
Btw, I am working with a copy of the database on the debug servers; it was the backup made Sept 23rd at 2am. You can move your avatars wherever you want; they don't have to stay where they are for my tests or anything.
thank you

I'm trying to figure out how to get you the dump files. Your attachments won't accept them or a zip file and I seem to have forgotten my ftp info.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!
Wow that was quite the adventure.

Those OpenGL errors were caused by two bugs. Each was a trip down a rabbit hole to find the cause and then a solution.

One of those OpenGL errors was caused when a texture was used after being destroyed. It was the texture of the planet that is displayed in the world map on a spacecraft. The error happened in the render frame in which the texture was updated.

The other OpenGL error was caused when a vertex array object was destroyed and recreated. It was the polygon showing the empire's flag on a capitol building and a military HQ. The error happened in the render frame in which the vertex array objects were updated.

Neither bug caused a crash on my computer. However, either bug could have caused a crash in your GPU driver, depending on how it handled those situations.

I am building a client update now, starting with the Windows 64 bit version. Please try it to see if the crash is fixed. From the time of this posting, it will probably be another hour and a half before the Windows 64 version is finished building.
I do not need the dump files.
Build got done without errors. It is late. I don't want to post the client update this late on a Friday night in case there are problems.
(09-26-2020, 03:38 AM)Haxus Wrote: Build got done without errors. It is late. I don't want to post the client update this late on a Friday night in case there are problems.

Looking forward to this!

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]
Windows 64 bit client was posted. Other clients will be posted as they finish building.
im still crashing when switching characters after logging in occasionally.
I just posted a Windows 64 bit client update. Please try it.
Regular transitions seem to be working ok. I still cannot load in my ringworld without a ctd and my starmap is still missing.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!