Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Open Letter to Haxus from French Empire
(05-15-2020, 08:21 AM)Xantheose Wrote: From massive World of warcraft to your sister's minecraft server
Minecraft server can be restarted, but mind you: 1. MC is a single governing server, 2. they have a thorough backup schedule, if properly configured, else you could get world corruption RATHER easily. Tell you that from eight years of personal experience hosting MC servers, both vanilla and modded.

WoW is a different beast, and I have no personal experience with their architecture, can only guess, but what I know is that node servers have transient state which could be discarded with minimal impact on the world.

Quote:every game server in that world is restarting after a crash.
Yes. After a proper investigation on site by a command of maintenance engineers. Or by a server owner.

Quote:And no, World of warcraft and many, many others don't have only one rasbpery 0w in a locker. Plus of that, datas are stored on a separate physical sql server, not restarting servers is a lame.
Who said anything about where the data is stored? That's not relevant at all.

Quote:As a system administrator who use devops tools on a daily basis, you made me laugh hard.
Sounds like I'm not a systems engineer myself, right?

Quote:Errors and stacktrace can be logged, servers can restarted. Please stop deantwing.
Can be? Yes. Should they? Not your call. You're not a developer and you're not a product owner.
(05-15-2020, 12:14 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: >Minecraft server can be restarted, WoW is a different beast
Misunderstanding what a range of example is. Every system have a different paradigm but every of them restarts alone.

(05-15-2020, 12:14 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: >It's not a minecraft server! It can't restart
>It's like a minecraft server! It can corrupt some chunks of map
lol

(05-15-2020, 12:14 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: >Yes. After a proper investigation on site by a command of maintenance engineers
[Image: wrong-trump-1.png]
Log stacktrace and restart.

(05-15-2020, 12:14 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: >Who said anything about where the data is stored?
http://hazeron.com/ComputerCenter.html
"The SQL server is hosted on one Dell PowerEdge 2950"
I agree with you on this point tho, might Haxus use he's sql server to do something else than storing data.

(05-15-2020, 12:14 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: >Sounds like I'm not a systems engineer myself, right?
You don't look to. Might an indian one.

(05-15-2020, 12:14 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: >should they
No you're right, let's customers wait weeks to connect again to theirs paid accounts kek, empire decayed ? No problem, just give them two free limbo weeks
[Image: unknown.png]
If it's so intolerable, you can demand a refund.
"You can ask a refund, then problems didn't exists and the game is on the way to success"
(05-15-2020, 03:55 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: If it's so intolerable, you can demand a refund.

You seem to be conflating a bad review and a demand for a refund with constructive criticism. It's interesting to me that you seem so against the thought of some of the proposals here that genuinely may improve the game experience for end users, but don't seem to bat an eye at the crazy fundamental decisions that have taken place over the years by haxus that drastically changed the game from fun and proactive to dead and boring (with proven loss of player base and community). Like back in 2014 we at least had fun ground battles and had to manage the extreme lag, now days? you're lucky to even get from A to B without soul crushing limbo for whole weeks of times. 

Regarding you AnrDaemon, Where are you? How do you claim to be the moral arbiter of game suggestions when you don't even play the game or understand how bad it has gotten? You're a long time criticizer of ideas but you never even play the game yourself lmao! 

Then there's other things that should have been drilled into hazeron AGES ago, such as dead reckoning and movement interpolation, these things that other multiplayer games implement all the time are unfounded or stared at with blank face in hazeron by haxus and his loyal "Yes men."

To add to OP, I genuinely had better time playing hazeron back in 2013/2014 than now. Haxus has taken the game in a direction that I personally think is becoming detrimental for the future outlook. No this is not meaning I am asking for a refund, but is a 'Forlorn Cry' at haxus to reconsider his perceptions of his baby, and that maybe other people (other than Anr and Deantwo) know something he doesn't.

Valuing a games community (especially an mmo like stated in the OP) is one of the most important things to any games success, i'm not saying implement shit just off the whim of a few players though, perhaps some form of indirect voting should be used to rate an idea and based on that idea haxus will then even consider it!
Quote:
Quote:Errors and stacktrace can be logged, servers can restarted. Please stop deantwing.
Can be? Yes. Should they? Not your call. You're not a developer and you're not a product owner.
Quote:If it's so intolerable, you can demand a refund.

That's crazy, it nearly looks like you're trolling. 

All you do is criticizing, all the while giving no precise reasons why (if you don't have time to do that properly as you said, why take the time to write this for starters?), and when we respond you either ignore (especially when it's obvious you said shit, like for HTTPS) or go for personal attacks, which doesn't bring ourselves anywhere and are actually complete rubish, we obviously wouldn't write a huge wall of text like that just to ask for a refound of 20$. I guess the most ironic part is you accusing us of that, whereas we're the guys that brought back the game by asking to make us pay for it...  Exclamation 
The worst is when you're reusing arguments I used against you. Why come there and post shitty messages at all if the conclusion is "not your call"? That's precisely what I've been telling you here lol.

Well yeah so you're actually trolling I guess, I see all the symptoms there. This will be my last message to you, "don't feed" :)
(05-15-2020, 07:22 PM)StarOri Wrote: All you do is criticizing, all the while giving no precise reasons why
I'm not Haxus, and I'm not a mind-reader. If you want precise reasons, phone him and ask your questions.

All I can do from my side is explain points I see problematic. But some people would rather resort to insults than to keep civilized conversation.

And in regard to HTTPS, I have my own opinion, which is better left to the other topic.
(05-16-2020, 10:27 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: And in regard to HTTPS, I have my own opinion, which is better left to the other topic.
Since it's not rational, I agree.

For Deantwo, TL;DR:
That's indeed a nice way to put it ! If I might add:

I've added that to the first post.
(05-18-2020, 08:39 AM)Xantheose Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 10:27 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: And in regard to HTTPS, I have my own opinion, which is better left to the other topic.
Since it's not rational, I agree.

It's rational, based on deep knowledge of both principles and current infrastructure in use.
To put it short: it's no safer than plain HTTP, since you just put a blind trust on a system you don't understand. With HTTP, you at least know it COULD be unsafe. With HTTPS, you have a false sense of "safety", which is only true when you actually know how it works. Many a people do not, and even more unwittingly trust sites masked by wildcard certificates installed by their "antiviruses".