Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beware of Asteroids!
So I heard mention of asteroids not too long ago and blew it off, it being many many months since I last played. 

Logged in today to find my homeworld destroyed and only one small moon base remaining. Guess I should have listened closer!
Yup.
See: http://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Asteroid

A week isn't very long if you can only play on weekends...
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I've been traveling around my solar system with a ship with a weapon bay, but the asteroid hasn't spawned or at least is outside of scanning range. Anyone with an idea of how to kill this thing before it wipes out my civilization?
(12-12-2019, 07:20 AM)Dragonly Wrote: I've been traveling around my solar system with a ship with a weapon bay, but the asteroid hasn't spawned or at least is outside of scanning range. Anyone with an idea of how to kill this thing before it wipes out my civilization?

You'll need sensors to detect it with your ship. The asteroid spawn far outside the solar system at first, so if your ship is small with limited sensor range, you might not be able to detect it until the last day or two.

You can also build an observatory in your city, it should be able to detect any asteroids in your solar system and have them be mentioned in the city's status report.

A large airport radar in your city would also help with detecting the asteroid once it is in range.

All that said, the asteroid only appear for the first world your avatar spawn on. If this is the same avatar on a new or the same world, then you won't have to worry about another asteroid.
So just to clarify, I deleted a few avatars trying to get Targoss to show up. Now I have a new avatar on their first world. There is a huge hurling ball of doom headed my direction as well?
(12-12-2019, 02:33 PM)FinalGen Wrote: So just to clarify, I deleted a few avatars trying to get Targoss to show up. Now I have a new avatar on their first world. There is a huge hurling ball of doom headed my direction as well?
That is correct.  Start designing, and building your first ship ASAP.
You will want to start with some kind of gas harvester, then get cryozine ASAP to make lasers.
On your final ship you will want an energy weapon bay, and at least 10m+ in sensor range.

The Hognose E-Type design satisfies this IIRC, if you don't feel like designing your own.
The Gatherer type has a few useful harvesting bays on it as well.
Mining shuttle is a good starter craft to build, only requires rockets, and can harvest rocks that you can sell to get your first suits and gear.
(12-12-2019, 02:46 PM)jakbruce2012 Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 02:33 PM)FinalGen Wrote: So just to clarify, I deleted a few avatars trying to get Targoss to show up. Now I have a new avatar on their first world. There is a huge hurling ball of doom headed my direction as well?
That is correct.  Start designing, and building your first ship ASAP.
You will want to start with some kind of gas harvester, then get cryozine ASAP to make lasers.
On your final ship you will want an energy weapon bay, and at least 10m+ in sensor range.

The Hognose E-Type design satisfies this IIRC, if you don't feel like designing your own.
The Gatherer type has a few useful harvesting bays on it as well.
Mining shuttle is a good starter craft to build, only requires rockets, and can harvest rocks that you can sell to get your first suits and gear.

Thanks for the advice. Will see if I have enough time to counter. Stargazer was eaten and I'll just be winging it with observatory / radar (which isn't even up yet). :)

First world that a new avatar appear on will have an asteroid headed towards it.

If that same avatar then goes to another world after that, it should not spawn an asteroid.
We now got Haxus's video of the asteroid impacts on Tamunshin's homeworld.
See: http://hazeron.com/Playlists/Scenes%20of...Impact.mp4
Source: https://discordapp.com/channels/22645666...0572007440

And I got some pictures directly following the impact and thereby destruction of Florbos's homeworld.
First one is right after the impact, the planet just vanished under me and I was floating in space. I got a picture of the debris.
[Image: 2019-12-13_19_54_00-Window.png]
Second picture is of the debris right before they are swallowed up by the sun.
[Image: 2019-12-13_19_54_56-Window.png]

On that note, we got an example of what the city report looks like when an observatory detects an asteroid.
[Image: SPOILER_Untitled.png]
I've got that same report about an pending asteroid strike in a little less than two hours, but even patrolling my system with a spacecraft with a halfway decent set of sensors, I can't find this thing to blow it up.

Not being able to target an asteroid while in a weapon equipped ship is really bad.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)