Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-02-28 Localization, Bug Fixes
(02-28-2023, 05:44 PM)tackeart Wrote: Lower priority than the order crash but shipments don't appear to be working. At least as far as I can tell. (Would like a way to force shipments to go early on another note...)

It's possible this is related to the wider issue where systems that the player aren't in seemingly freeze, along with how ships freeze if you're not onboard
What even
I found and fixed the crash. It was an unfortunate error in the copy constructor of a mission.

I am building an update now. It will be posted as soon as it finishes.

Then I'll get to work on the Dangerous Exchange fail.
(02-28-2023, 04:34 PM)Haxus Wrote: Here are some minor changes you might notice in the user interface. 
  • System - The word "system" is used to mean a system of a spacecraft or a solar system. Almost every case of the use of the word system was changed to be either "subsystem" or "solar system" as appropriate.
  • Station - The word "station" is used to mean a control station or a space station. Almost every case of the use of the word station was changed to be either "control station" or "space station".
  • Fire Control - The term "fire control station" has always bugged me. This was changed to "Weapon Station" pretty much everywhere. It is listed as "Bay Weapon" in the skills list.

I love this change most of all. From a wiki point of view it always annoyed me. It will be much easier to deal with on the wiki now. I guess I had already been referring to stuff like this on the wiki for a while though.

(02-28-2023, 04:34 PM)Haxus Wrote: Steam Achievements and Stats

What about a "Go to the moon in a space rocket" achievement? Assuming you check if the player took off from another world first.

But I guess a normal "Arrive on a moon (in any way)" achievement would be better. Or both.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
An update was posted that fixes the crash. It was in the copy constructor of a mission and it would logically explain the appearance of duplicate entries shortly before crashing.
Quote:What about a "Go to the moon in a space rocket" achievement?

I am still waiting to hear a cost estimate from the artist. I am sure we will come to a good arrangement but the price might determine how many additional achievements we add.

Can a game have too many achievements? I can think of lots more.
(02-28-2023, 07:18 PM)Haxus Wrote:
Quote:What about a "Go to the moon in a space rocket" achievement?

I am still waiting to hear a cost estimate from the artist. I am sure we will come to a good arrangement but the price might determine how many additional achievements we add.

Can a game have too many achievements? I can think of lots more.

Oh, could update most game icons so they all have same resolution and style

There are a lot of ideas for achievements. It is crucial to make achievements engaging but not boring. For example developing 100 worlds is too much. I'd say 30-50 is maximum
Report or Exploit
The publish it to the steam workshop part is unnecessary I'd say. Maybe their own in-game exchange  is enough here
For 10 and 100 worlds, I agree that 100 is too many. 30-50 is enough and the "other than your home world" part is redundant "different worlds" is sufficient in my opinion.

You need air, oil, crystals, minerals, ore, eludium, lumenite, antiflux, cryozine, phlogiston, bolite, vulcanite and magmex at high quality. even if you were to biold a 2nd support colony (for air and food) on another world in the system for each means you need 26 colonies. I may have missed a few other resources you need for some things.  So let's say it's 30 colonies to cover everything.

Also my game hasn't worked yet (just downloaded the 2nd update) and I already have the master colonize achievement
Hello!

My game crashes 10sec - 5 min after I load my game. I doesn't matter what I do (mine, build or just stand still), game crashes.

Here's my savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/127FXiRb...sp=sharing

Thank you!
Just as a side note : started a thread about more achievements ideas.
https://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2909
(02-28-2023, 04:34 PM)Haxus Wrote: Fire Control - The term "fire control station" has always bugged me. This was changed to "Weapon Station" pretty much everywhere. It is listed as "Bay Weapon" in the skills list.

If you are calling it "Weapon Station" now, it just more makes me want harvesters and utility bays to be a separate station/bay.

If harvesting subsystems are treated differently, they could also be more than just magic mining beams. I really like the idea of a prospector bay sending out mining drones. Even if it is just a different visual effect and such.

Utility bays like the tractor beam could also be separated. Other utility bays like salvager bays, archaeology bays and remote repair/construction bays could all be nice ideas for that.

But this is a bit off-topic for this thread.
I think I had an idea thread for this somewhere once. I'll add a link later when/if I find it.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo