Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocks in dense forest invisible in first person and top down view

(12-11-2023, 10:51 AM)Kastuk Wrote: Isn't harvestables got sorta grid map, and plants layer is override mineables layer when they share same grid cell?

Yes I considered this possibilty. It seems to me that it should be possible to make both visible, especially in top down view: the location is know to the game (mines) so it should be possible to link this visibility to at least the "Minerals" filter in top down view.

RN, (I think) you basically have: IF Clear Area=0 THEN RenderTrees=1, RenderRocks=0 ELSE RenderTrees=0, RenderRocks=1. Just setting the first RenderRocks to 1 in both cases should be possible imo. It might not be that easy, but I don't think it should require a major change, since all rocks are already detectable (by mines) at all times, just not visible.

Either way it just doesn't make sense that you are looking at where a stone is located, but it is not visible. I wonder if maybe  u can even Forage it while invisble.

If it is not possible to change easily, I guess we'll be stuck with it. I'll update my guide with Clear Area information.

EDIT Moving away and using Clear Area and defoliate is working eventually, but takes too much placing and moving then placing another Defoliate/ Clear Area before the resources will finally spawn. I highly doubt this is working as intended. And I don't remember this happening in 2014-2015 (we didn't even have defoliate and clear area iirc).

The best thing is to move, but it seems most of the planet is covered in trees. In another zone I found a good spot. I did enjoy exploring to find it. Still invisible rocks are a bit weird. But if it leads to exploration it might be ok.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rocks in dense forest invisible in first person and top down view - by Ivan - 12-11-2023, 03:29 PM