Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-11-30 Vehicle Entry, Location Desync

I do want to add that if/when you do include multiplayer. I would add some universe generation settings. For example, number of galaxies, size of galaxies etc, resource generation rarity, ringworld spawn chance, production multipliers, warp speed factor multipliers, and more. The more customization the better experience and audience you'll be able to reach out to. 

Small servers won't want massive 10 galaxy games and it might be performance hindering. Rented servers online would handle more naturally. They may only want just one galaxy, some might want two. You already have pre-made galaxies with different sizes, so you could setup where you just chose what galaxy you want to play in based on the existing dimensions and scale and perhaps add to the description of the galaxies the dimensions and recommended player counts. 

Some will want long lasting games others will want quick all out wars.

I would implement the multiplayer small scale at first, 8 to 16 players at first and work up from there.

These are usually common space game features and I think they would fit really well here.

(12-01-2023, 10:10 PM)Haxus Wrote: I suppose the preferred configuration would be a stand-alone server module that could be run on about any old PC with 9000 CPU cores.

Time to bust out my old Cray supercomputer I have laying around next to my solid gold DeLorean...joking Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023-11-30 Vehicle Entry, Location Desync - by Rockinsince87 - 12-01-2023, 10:19 PM