Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-05-05 Designer Exit, French Translation

(05-07-2023, 06:21 PM)Haxus Wrote: If the release of Hazeron Starship goes well I will likely ask them to translate it to one or more other languages. The cost will be considerably less since they have the project in their system. I was considering spanish or russian. Are people in russia allowed to buy games on Steam these days?

In addition to what Vooker said - some players change the region to Turkey or Kazakhstan (or some other countries) in order to get around the restrictions. Also, a significant part of the Post-Soviet Union countries speak Russian, in addition to their native languages.

What about regional prices? When Hazeron was available by subscription, its price was, if my memory serves me right, about 800 rubles. While the price of other MMOs was about 550 rubles, which made Hazeron one of the most expensive MMOs on the market. EVE Online was about 560 rubles, World of Warcraft 550. The price of 20 dollars is now about 1500-1600 rubles. As an example, the new Age of Wonders 4 costs 1600 rubles on Steam. Arma Reforger 1500. I'm more than sure that players like me or Vooker will buy the game at any reasonable price anyway, but for the rest it will be a significant factor.

Probably, the functionality of mod support and tools for fan-translation is preferable, in the vast majority of cases the quality of such translation suffers from the lack of adequate... leadership.
In addition to that, the quality is often worsened by the lack of literacy and understanding of their own language, the lack of proper tools for translation or ability to use it.
[Image: nQQd5YJ.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023-05-05 Designer Exit, French Translation - by Revan - 05-08-2023, 02:41 AM