Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Land at Airport Order Issues

(03-27-2023, 09:28 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 06:47 AM)Celarious Wrote: Well that's the issue, the line down the middle, ideally they'd be removed or made to look less "directional" for slabs
I would be against this. I use the "level roads" just to make the roads level. And I actually don't like the whole ships landing on roads at all, it is too random and just feels dum.
I guess it only exists because otherwise players that can't manually pilot/land their ship would be stuck if crew refused to land.

I would rather that airports had a service area like space stations and then the ship would just hover over the airport instead.
Well I first grade the area and then use sloping roads since it's way cheaper labor-wise, but the problem still stands, there's no easy way to designate landing spots and the wideness of the roads + the yellow lines isn't suitable for it

I do kinda agree that they shouldn't be landing on random roads, but I do think there are uses for big landing areas somewhere in a city. I don't always want my ship in orbit, even if there's a station, plus I think just having huge landing areas looks cool
(Personally I think having everything just hovering over the airport is kinda lame but that's just me, why not give both options?)

(03-27-2023, 09:28 AM)Deantwo Wrote: I guess it only exists because otherwise players that can't manually pilot/land their ship would be stuck if crew refused to land.
I disagree here, I can manually land my ship and yet there's no easy way to setup a good landing area - especially if the ship is big. In order for the ship to be "connected" to the city, I obviously need to land on a road and not in a distant field away from the city. My only option for this is placing a bunch of weirdly connected concrete roads with weird yellow lines randomly scattered around, or landing my big ship on a single thin road (which means possibly clipping into buildings, terrain, landing gear not contacting the ground, etc) and both look terrible - I imagine adding something specifically for this wouldn't take a crazy amount of work
What even

Messages In This Thread
Land at Airport Order Issues - by Deantwo - 03-12-2023, 08:41 PM
RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - by AnrDaemon - 03-13-2023, 08:16 AM
RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - by Deantwo - 03-13-2023, 10:00 AM
RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - by Celarious - 03-19-2023, 09:37 PM
RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - by AnrDaemon - 03-23-2023, 07:58 AM
RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - by Celarious - 03-27-2023, 06:38 AM
RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - by Deantwo - 03-27-2023, 06:41 AM
RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - by Celarious - 03-27-2023, 06:47 AM
RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - by Deantwo - 03-27-2023, 09:28 AM
RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - by Celarious - 03-27-2023, 08:56 PM