Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Status

(01-21-2023, 02:05 AM)Phoenix Wrote: 1. Airports: ...
Edit: The airport may actually in some cases provide protection? I am not sure. The ship stopped taking damage after some time.

According to the notes on the wiki for environmental decay, the ship is only protected by an airport if it has an avatar or officer on the rouster.
See: hazeron.com/wiki/Decay#Spacecraft_Decay

And I don't think an airport ever protects against an actual corrosive atmosphere, but I have never been totally sure about that.

It would actually be really nice if being landed on an airport had some vidual effect on the ship to indicate it is correctly landed and receiving server/protection. Again my first idea is some kind of scaffolding or something, or some glow effect. Or the heathbar could just become blue I guess.

(01-21-2023, 02:05 AM)Phoenix Wrote: 2. Medical Stations: ...

I would suggest removing the whole "have to take off armor and clothing" thing. It is troublesome and confusing. Even more so now as the actual "medical seat" isn't that default tube anymore.

(01-21-2023, 02:05 AM)Phoenix Wrote: 7. Ship Construction Material / Streamlining: ...
As for streamlining a ship to fly in atmosphere or water. Currently I do not see any reason not to make every design streamlined for both air and water. This feature of a ship also cannot be changed outside of the designer even via refit. I recommend all ships are simply allowed to enter both air and water by default. 

Recommendation: I recommend that a menu similar to the refit menu appear any time a player builds a ship which gives them the option to choose a primary construction material, allocate hull space, and even select what kind of modules they would like to use. 

I totally agree on the whole changing modules during construction start. That was part of my annoying issues list too.

I would however say that "streamlining" had always been a little weird. Maybe it would be better if streamlining was also a module? It might add another construction compound, but if no streamlining is selected it could require zero of that module, just so there isn't a "no streamlining" module (see also my request for "null module" selection). The streamlining modules could require some advanced resources, such as the harder metals or io plasma for sealing.

Or the whole streamlining option could be removed and solely depend on the size of the ship. If the ship is too big to spawn on the ground, it won't have atmosphere streamlining. What would allow for float and submersible streamlining I don't know though. I like the idea of the modules better though.

(01-21-2023, 02:05 AM)Phoenix Wrote: 8. Grav Packs: ...

I think Haxus had a slight plan of adding a "jet pack" item someday. I would prefer it being a separate item from the Grav Pack though. Maybe just an item that can be placed in the belt slot, the belt slots have a reasonable size too so it doesn't have to be a tiny item.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
Status - by Haxus - 01-20-2023, 11:15 PM
RE: Status - by Vooker525 - 01-20-2023, 11:23 PM
RE: Status - by Deantwo - 01-20-2023, 11:29 PM
RE: Status - by Haxus - 01-20-2023, 11:40 PM
RE: Status - by GaelicVigil - 01-20-2023, 11:52 PM
RE: Status - by Phoenix - 01-21-2023, 02:05 AM
RE: Status - by Deantwo - 01-21-2023, 09:48 AM
RE: Status - by Haxus - 01-21-2023, 05:47 PM
RE: Status - by Phoenix - 01-21-2023, 07:39 PM