Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Type of Trade Hub for Colonies

I’m really liking the advent of colonies. It really simplifies the ability to collect all the best a system has to offer. I do have one suggestion though.

Right now the trade hubs that allow colonies to work are roads, Airports and wharf’s. What is missing is a single building trade hub that is not an airport for use in intra-planetary trade in harsh environments. Roads are fine but sometimes running one all around a zone or two to collect those sparse high Q resources can be a pain. I don’t always want more than one airport on a planet and wharf’s only work on planets with water.

I’d like to suggest the addition of another type of building for use as a trade hub, lets call it a “Transport Station”

It’s that last point “wharfs only work on planets with water” that is the real issue. The Transport Station would have the same effect as the wharf, minus the fish, but would connect with either airports or other stations. While the idea is to give another “wharf like” option in harsh environs, it could also be used on habitable as well.

Personnel would consist of a minimum of one Office Worker and Two professional. Nothing would be produced, the professional jobs are simulating warehouse handlers, Office is a dispatcher. Professional jobs would also give the building other purpose.

We could make having transport production somewhere in the system or on planet a requirement like an SUV is, except it would be a key requirement.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

Messages In This Thread
New Type of Trade Hub for Colonies - by Greydog - 05-16-2022, 12:06 AM