Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2022-05-06 Bug Fixes

Story Ship Design
Ship design needed by part of the Relic story did not exist after the restart.

It has been posted.

Solo Clothing
People can no longer be naked in the solo game. They will always be wearing some minimal bits of clothing.

This is preparation to apply for a less-than-adult rating for the solo game on Steam.

Ship Controls
Ship controls seemed to linger on too long after I press a movement control, making fine adjustments difficult.

Fixed.

Building Render Animation
A change to virtual function caused buildings to stop animating in the scene. Here are some of the observable side effects of that bug.
  • Doors did not render at all, leaving empty door openings everywhere.
  • Airport tower beacon not rotating.
  • Street lights not turning on/off properly.
Fixed.

Damaged Sex
I propositioned an npc for sex. She assumed a seductive pose and replied, "My friends call me Afternoon Delight. Wanna find out why?"

I did what came natural and she sat up embarrassingly. I thought perhaps she was offended by my technique.

This led me to fix some code that was interrupting our coitus at the worst possible moment. I also gave npc's a few seconds of after glow before they get on with their dismal life.

Column Widths
Some UI objects have tables that include a column that only contains an icon. The list of modifiers on a manufacturing production line is an example.

For some odd reason those columns started enforcing a width that was much wider than the icon. The hand crafting window is one example. This looked bad.

I fixed all code where that occurs.

Use Button
A Use button appears when some items are selected. There is also a Use button on the gear window when some items are selected. Does it do anything?

The Use button was a catch-all for items that did not get a specific menu verb, such as Eat or Heal. There was one isolated case of this, when claiming a ship using a title. I added a "Claim Title" button for that.

The Use button was removed since it no longer served any purpose. 

Patents Tree
Several people have asked for some sort of a tech tree, to show the technological advancement paths.

Technology is represented as patents so the best I could come up with was a UI that shows a list of all possible patents. Indented under each patent is a tree of patent dependencies, showing the path to get there.

The UI also shows what industries can invent each patent and which industries can use each patent.

The UI is accessed from the manufacturing page of a building. There were already two other patent-related buttons there.

Building Requirements
I find the citizen demand for cantinas, arenas, zoos, and etc. to be a bit excessive. How many arenas can one small city use?

I changed the formula for calculating how many of those buildings the citizens will demand. It is no longer linear. They will ask for the first one at about the same population as they did previously. Their demand for additional buildings is much less, after they have the first one.

Production Line Dialog
I changed the '0' button to 'No Limit', to make the effect more clear. I also added the quick number buttons to the dialog you get when editing a production line.

Window Positions
Some windows come up as a tiny box in the corner of my screen when they are first displayed.

I went through all the main windows to give them sensible initial sizes.

Computer Storage
Computers now act like a storage device. They are also smaller and lighter. The icon was changed to look like a tablet. I have not updated the model so it still looks like a keyboard and screen.

In the process of doing this I changed the storage capacity of all storage devices to be modulated by quality.

The amount of storage of the various devices that already existed, such as thumb drives, is now the minimum storage for those devices. It will increase with quality.

Radar Services
The ATC controller says "Radar services not available." What does that mean?

The implication in the flying world is that you are being tracked on radar but they are not going to give you traffic separation or terrain avoidance services.

I changed the message to be more clear.

Ballistic Turret Snafu
I built the Basic Design with the ballistic turret as my first ship.

When the asteroid appeared in my system, my crew flew out to the asteroid. The pilot paced the asteroid off to the side and slightly behind at a distance of about 5000m, which seemed close.

Unfortunately that is 5x the distance that the npc gunner considers to be his maximum range with a ballistic turret. He never fired.

I took control of the turret and had no trouble destroying the asteroid.

To fix this, I increased the range of turrets for npc's when the ship is not in the atmosphere range of a world.

Motor Bike and Space Rocket Insanity
I entered a new motor bike and a new space rocket. In each case I was suddenly viewing the world from orbit. Once I turned on the power my view was restored to the proper position in the driver's seat of the vehicle.

Fixed.

Bank Withdrawal
A bank withdrawal showed up on the city report as a loan.

Fixed.

Group Box Title
The title of group boxes gets overlapped by the contents of the group box. The Login window is an example of this.

Fixed.

Messages In This Thread
2022-05-06 Bug Fixes - by Haxus - 05-06-2022, 11:07 PM
RE: 2022-05-06 Bug Fixes - by Vooker525 - 05-06-2022, 11:18 PM
RE: 2022-05-06 Bug Fixes - by Xantheose - 05-06-2022, 11:24 PM
RE: 2022-05-06 Bug Fixes - by Deantwo - 05-06-2022, 11:41 PM
RE: 2022-05-06 Bug Fixes - by Toastbrewt - 05-08-2022, 01:10 PM
RE: 2022-05-06 Bug Fixes - by Deantwo - 05-06-2022, 11:45 PM
RE: 2022-05-06 Bug Fixes - by Haxus - 05-07-2022, 02:29 AM
RE: 2022-05-06 Bug Fixes - by Greydog - 05-07-2022, 03:37 AM
RE: 2022-05-06 Bug Fixes - by Rockinsince87 - 05-07-2022, 01:08 PM
RE: 2022-05-06 Bug Fixes - by Nightwalker - 05-10-2022, 09:31 PM