Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spacecraft Manufacturing Size Limits

(04-11-2022, 11:21 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Honestly I have mixed feelings about hard limits. I would rather have actual systems in place rather then "limits". Let the limit be the empires ability to mange systems that mimic the reality of having massive ships. 

Honestly in the end, hard limits are not a good idea. Soft limits that require players/empires to work around would be a great way set "limits". If an empire can a setup outposts far from home to maintain it's fleet of ships then wonderful. If an empire can maintain said fleet of ships, even better.

I don't think you read much of my opening post. Nowhere in it did I mention that ships should be smaller or that you should be able to have a limited number of big ships. I have only talked about adding more requirements to manufacturing of bigger ships. Such as requiring the empire to have their shipyard city be of a decent size and maybe access to some of the more advanced resources.

What you are talking about seem to be maintaining large ships, which is out of scope for this discussion. Sure some of your ideas might be interesting, but I would rather we discuss them elsewhere so this thread doesn't go off-topic.

EDIT: Renamed the thread a little bit so this confusion is less likely.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
Spacecraft Manufacturing Size Limits - by Deantwo - 04-11-2022, 09:48 PM
RE: Spacecraft Size Limiting - by Rockinsince87 - 04-11-2022, 11:21 PM
RE: Spacecraft Size Limiting - by Deantwo - 04-12-2022, 03:24 PM