Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Economic Overhaul: or How I Learned to Stop Minting and Love the Chronodollar

Holy S*&+#! 

What you call an overhaul I call a complete tear out and replace. I like that this makes money production a serious gameplay requirement and actually puts the money to use while creating realistic limits to empires. 

So starting an empire from scratch, how would you see that happening after these changes? I'm trying to envision starting a new empire from scratch after these changes are made. What steps would be required and in what order? 

The only serious drawback I see to this, is this limits the styles of play a bit. If you wanted to run your empire like a power hungry military society, you would not really be able to do so easily. I would also be curious how this would play out when a planet is occupied. I could see this being mitigated by morale bonus's and penalties. Or even something like, higher Q goods require higher talented workforce meaning a high pay. Better paid work force has a production bonus / better maintained equipment (costs) also = better production yields. 

So much could come from this implementation, my only fear is it might be too complex in a "game" situation.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Economic Overhaul: or How I Learned to Stop Minting and Love the Chronodollar - by Rockinsince87 - 11-18-2020, 10:57 PM