Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam

Haxus, I know you've probably got a hell of a lot going on, and as someone who's been watching this game with amazement for the few years that I have, I think you're heading in a really good direction. Steam will be great for the game, you'll take a great boon to morale every time the game takes off a little, and Steam's framework will make updating/publishing/community management a lot easier.

This situation reminds me a lot of Dwarf Fortress, and its developers, Tarn and Zach Adams. Their game was extremely well-known for being hard to learn, and very difficult to play. Their community made content for the game (mods, art, sometimes helped with the codebase) and eventually (very recently, actually) announced that their game was coming to Steam with a GUI/graphical overhaul. More people than ever are helping with the codebase, and more people than ever will have access to the game that was previously limited to Patreon donations (and before that, just Paypal).

The next few days/weeks/months for the game are going to be very crucial. Don't be afraid to take advice or work outside of your comfort zone. I know Hazeron is like your child, and that you're probably the only adept who can work your codebase, but nothing could be worse than stuttering over problems you didn't foresee by yourself when the game finally 'launches'.

Take your time. Everyone here is rooting for you. Hazeron is absolutely amazing, and it's been a hell of a journey watching it get to where it is now.

More importantly, I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam - by Duane - 10-20-2020, 03:24 PM