Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam

(10-07-2020, 06:15 PM)Celarious Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 05:40 PM)Crabman Wrote: In all honesty, the new designer gives you infinite freedom to pick any spaceship model from Sketchfab and die trying to create designated shitting areas in it. Those who pay $25 for the experience will go for a refund fast. 
https://i.imgur.com/Ww9Nf1k.png

This game's core is attractive but papercuts quickly add up. I see old footage of cities whose lights are seen from orbit, but mine look like no one paid their power bill. 
I see old ships carrying fighter squadrons inside, while that battlecruiser I salvaged from the exchange only has one tiny command room in which I can't shut the door from inside.

Component placement ditched in favor of sliders, and I have to make the pathfinding myself. How do you implement boarding in this?
If the meta is who can make the bigger cube and show up while the other guy is sleeping, what's the point? There is no functional economy anyway, and more than enough space for everyone's greed.

My 2 cents

Honestly I kind of agree with this. Despite the new designer having infinite potential, it just doesn't feel like it fits. Everything interior related is so hard to do that most players won't bother, and everything else you mentioned such as old ships and cities looking better is also very true. Can't help but feel some aspects of the game have been downgraded over time, so I'd argue universe 3 Hazeron was more suited for Steam than current Hazeron

Could you imagine, U3 hazeron mechanics, with today's client and server performance?  It would be a thing of beauty.  Although I do really like the new style planets and clouds.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam - by jakbruce2012 - 10-07-2020, 06:30 PM