Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam

The following was posted on our Patreon page. It was accompanied by a poll asking whether to keep the universe database or reset the database when we go live on Steam.

I copied it here because I prefer the UI in the forum to that of Patreon. Also, I will resume posting updates here until the transition to Steam is complete. Then it will depend on how much I like Steam's UI. It is probably nice and it would save me from having to maintain this forum.

There are things I really like about Patreon but I don't see it as a realistic way to achieve my goals.

Shores of Hazeron is in the final stages of publishing on Steam. With luck it will be available for download there on November 2, later in November if that deadline goes whooshing past. There are still a couple of items on my "must do" list.

Shores of Hazeron will show up on Steam as a Coming Soon title, two weeks before it is publicly released.

In preparation for that, I halted the Patreon billing cycle scheduled for November 1. It cannot be unhalted. After people have time to read this announcement, I will delete this Patreon campaign entirely, probably November 2nd.

The Shores of Hazeron app on Steam will not be free. There will be a one time fee, not a monthly subscription, somewhere around $25.

I am going all-in on Steam, since other efforts have not been successful. If Shores of Hazeron can't make it on Steam, then it won't make it anywhere. I am prepared for that eventuality.

The biggest unfinished thing is the gen 4 creatures. I really wish I had time to finish but I don't want to wait another year.

Thank you for all of your support. I hope to see you on the other side.

I can maintain the current Universe through the transition. When you launch the game from Steam, you will have a new account and a new list of avatars. I could then transfer your old avatars to your new Steam account.

Poll Question:
  1. Keep the current Universe when Shores of Hazeron is published on Steam.
  2. Reset the Universe when Shores of Hazeron is published on Steam.

Messages In This Thread
2020-10-06 Shores of Hazeron Moving to Steam - by Haxus - 10-06-2020, 02:21 PM