Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.I Pathing into sun every time

Of course, the better fix would be to teach the AI a little bit about orbital mechanics, make sure planets are orbiting at correct speeds, and make sure that velocity is preserved correctly across frame of reference transitions.  That way exiting a planet's gravitational field would just put you into orbit around the star the same as in real life, regardless of how powerful the star's gravity is.  Hazeron's physics engine isn't detailed enough to make that orbit accurate and stable over the long-term, but that would only be a problem for trying to stay in orbit indefinitely.  For just getting around the system the inaccuracies don't really factor in much.  The AI wouldn't even have to be good at orbital mechanics, since Hazeron's futuristic ships give us plenty of room for error.  It just has to be smart enough to roughly estimate the effects of gravity on the ship's trajectory, then it can make adjustments along the way to make up for its own sloppy calculations and the physics engine's integration errors.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A.I Pathing into sun every time - by Deantwo - 05-20-2020, 04:08 PM
RE: A.I Pathing into sun every time - by Deantwo - 05-20-2020, 04:31 PM
RE: A.I Pathing into sun every time - by pizzasgood - 05-20-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: A.I Pathing into sun every time - by Deantwo - 05-20-2020, 05:34 PM