Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I'm done

I feel your pain, sorry to see you go. : (

IIRC Etherium was there to fix the bug where you would suffocate in your ship and die randomly on system transitions, the bug where ships deadheading at lightspeed lost all velocity on system transitions and had to re-accelerate to lightspeed, and probably a bunch of other things. I'm glad those are fixed, because they really soured the experience.

I myself have not been active for over a month due to the instability following the etherium update. I see the update as a necessary evil-- I'd like to become active again, but I'm still waiting on things to get more stable. It's getting there but not quite yet...

Ship collision bug is a major thing I'm still waiting on being fixed before I play again. I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed to see it still not fixed after all this time but I'm gonna keep holding out a while longer.

The designer needs a TON of work, I won't even get started there but you definitely touched on a lot of the key points. I agree with most everything you said.

(05-09-2020, 08:49 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Calling it "limbo" and saying it has always been an issue, shines a very incorrect light on the issue. It is not the same issue and a lot of work has been done to fix both "limbo" (which was fully fixed years ago) and other server crashing bugs.
As for "limbo", I'm pretty sure that has become synonymous with server crashing & not being able to login at this point, which is still very much here from what I've gathered. I don't think anyone is using it to refer to the old bug. Heck newer most players are probably not even aware of it. So saying that was fixed years ago doesn't mean much to those people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Messages In This Thread
I think I'm done - by NeoKuro - 05-09-2020, 01:07 AM
RE: I think I'm done - by Deantwo - 05-09-2020, 08:49 AM
RE: I think I'm done - by Xantheose - 05-09-2020, 10:38 AM
RE: I think I'm done - by Deantwo - 05-09-2020, 11:28 AM
RE: I think I'm done - by Xantheose - 05-13-2020, 09:33 PM
RE: I think I'm done - by Mal - 05-13-2020, 07:47 PM