Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-04-29 Client Crash, Noob Teleport

(05-09-2020, 12:21 AM)NeoKuro Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 07:59 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 08:29 PM)NeoKuro Wrote: Everyone is complaining about a noob TP that adds no advantage at all to playing the game beyond allowing people to find cool environments / city settings but thats it it makes no tangible difference to the game, and gets disabled as soon as you start building a city or take a berth on a ship etc.

And meanwhile, no one has batted an eye at the permanently available teleportation mechanic that you can do from the second you join the game, there is no limit (to my knowledge) on how many times you can use it or where to, no tech requirements, and you can literally teleport across the universe (if invited ofc).

I wouldn't say I was complaining. I just said I think it is a little silly and feels weird. A village fast travel feature would make more sense and be more useful in the long run.

How would it be more useful? I left my village immediately and I've never considered it a loss. Never knew nor cared what it was for, as my cities have taken over any role they could possibly ahve offered really.

I'd argue that the village TP would be more silly, ok it's more immersive than a noob TP, but we have a universe TP (berth-a-port) already anyway. Not to mention you'd have to teach the players an additional thing about the game on top of everything else. Whereas most people can easily understand "Right-click on map and you appear there until you start building".

The current "noob teleport" is confusing exactly because it is an ability that vanishes once you aren't a "new avatar" anymore.

If it was bond to villages, it wouldn't have to be limited to new avatars. I don't see the big issue with letting non-new avatars use the feature explore a world by moving the village around.

Targoss already teach new players how to talk to the villagers. Adding a new villager that has a new function wouldn't be weird or hard to understand. But it all has to be taught to the new player I guess.

Messages In This Thread
2020-04-29 Client Crash, Noob Teleport - by Haxus - 04-29-2020, 10:59 PM
RE: 2020-04-29 Client Crash, Noob Teleport - by Deantwo - 05-09-2020, 01:27 AM