Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Harvesting planetary rings bug, target too far away

Can confirm this is still an issue in the current version of Starship, crew are completely unable to harvest antiflux from planetary rings, using particle collector bays, because of the "harvest hitbox" being too small.

I give them the order to orbit the orbit, and they do, I then give them the order using "Harvest Operations By Bay" and tell them to load up to 100% of cargo on the selected ring, and they start harvesting. 
However, each harvest "shot" collects absolutely nothing and they just waste fuel. I waited 10 minutes to see if they collected anything, and nothing.

This can be worked around by manually checking the fire control station and seeing where the "harvest point" is, and then manually flying over to it using the helm, and this works, proving that the issue isn't with the ship or the particle bay. However this is extremely tedious as the point moves (relative to you being idle in the ring's orbit) so you need to keep adjusting the ship frequently, and this requires jumping between the fire control station and the helm every 2 seconds to see where you need to fly to

This makes ring harvesting completely useless compared to planetoid refineries, and thus also makes particle collector bays mostly useless too
What even

Messages In This Thread
Crew unable to harvest antiflux from planetary rings due to tiny "harvest spot" - by Celarious - 02-28-2023, 05:43 AM