Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-01-21 Server Crash, Mesh Lighting, Name Species, Site Overlap

JackBruce Wrote:Although not because of resources
This is the point. All the old reasons why big ships took ages to build remain the same: research (patents) and process run times. What has changed is that getting top-level ships now requires orders of magnitude more material than it used to. 

The size of the pitch is bigger but the players are running at the same speed, so the game as a whole has got slower. Given that there's not much to do except build stuff, and building stuff is the direct path to dominance and victory in this game, that slowing of pace is a bad thing. And, as I've pointed out, the worse it gets the bigger the advantage to those who gain an early lead.

I've not said anywhere that it should be trivial to get access to higher resource flow - only that it should be possible, which right now it's not (without using the most server-unfriendly, counter-intuitive means).

A building with a harvester bay would be a fine solution, I'd welcome that - its size is tied to world volume limit and it requires advanced materials to build. Only it needs to actually happen and not just be wistfully dreamed about on-and-off on the discord.

(If your systems are limited, your planets are limited. Planets live inside systems)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-01-21 Server Crash, Mesh Lighting, Name Species, Site Overlap - by Vectorus - 01-22-2020, 04:05 PM