Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2018-07-20 Weapon Bases and Guard Towers

(07-20-2018, 05:34 PM)Haxus Wrote: Weapons are operated by workers at the building. Nobody ever occupies the fire control console(s). They are needed to provide information about the weapon. The console would not work if a person sat at one. When designing the building, it is best to place the console somewhere in the middle of the hull mass so it is completely inaccessible and invisible.

Is there a tecnical reason for this?  It seems kinda odd that you can't walk into one of your own gun emplacements and take control of it manually if you wanted.

Based on how it's worded that the buildings are manned by 'workers' sounds like civilians operate the military buildings, is this correct?   If so why not make it so that something like military engeneers man them or something so they count as souldiers?

Quote:Haxus

My small base has a lot of laser towers. They only have 2hp, lol. I tried assaulting the base with a lone attacker...many times...many different ways. It was very difficult to get close to the base. Death was sudden and brutal. I was safest among the buildings of the base itself, where I could use them for cover. Then it was a matter of sniping laser towers one by one, and getting killed a lot. It is possible that a well planned base could be invincible to attack by a lone attacker.
Quote:Mr. Mortius

If a base is invincible to a lone attacker ,it is invincible, period.

I actually love this fact.   A lone attacker shouldn't be able to take a fully armed and equipped military instalation.  But it does bring up the fact that the current state of military combat in Hazeron is...  lacking.   With this update PVP (of the boots on the ground veriety) is kinda dead until we get a military overhull of some sort.   Gettin tanks, CAS, and squads of AI soldiers on the ground will make wars actually fightable.  But right now, as Mr. Mortius said, you can no longer just walk up and take a base by yourself.    Maybe if you have like a squad of soldiers with you but even then it'll be diffult without some armor backing you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018-07-20 Weapon Bases and Guard Towers - by Phenoix12 - 07-20-2018, 07:08 PM