Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2018-07-20 Weapon Bases and Guard Towers

If a base is invincible to a lone attacker, it is invincible, period. There is nothing another person can bring to a fight that can't be employed by a single player when the fight is against a single static target. The only method in the game right now that has a hope of destroying new bases is fleets of ships, probably dozens per enemy city. If this is the way you want combat to go (vanish), then that's fine, but I want to make sure you're aware of it.

Anyone who disagrees, I'd be interested in hearing how you plan to take or destroy a base full of ~400, 200 million hp buildings, most of which have their volume entirely dedicated to weapon bays, with a few turrets to keep players and fighters  away(Not that they could even damage these mega-structures) and a power plant with a huge capacitor to supply as much power as could possibly be needed. I could probably bring in a 50-ship fleet, and assuming the servers don't implode, still lose against a single city.

The issue gets even worse when you consider the fact that buildings can be placed underwater, shielding them from long range bombardment entirely. Hopefully these issues receive some sort of consideration, otherwise we might as well combine the pvp and pve galaxies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018-07-20 Weapon Bases and Guard Towers - by Mr. Mortius - 07-20-2018, 06:12 PM