Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-11-30 Vehicle Entry, Location Desync

(12-01-2023, 12:09 AM)Haxus Wrote:
Quote:Thank you for taking a stab a it

There were two data structures involved. Each was guarded by its own lock. That allowed mischief to happen when updating one then the other, when they needed to be updated at the same time.

I found that there was no reason for them to have separate locks. They now use the same lock so those updates are always synchronous. There is a good chance the bug is fixed. (Me ever hopeful.)

I'm still not clear if anyone has experienced this bug in the solo game. The solo game was not immune to the problem but the problem became more likely to occur with network latency.

Nice! Yeah there were people experiencing it in the solo game. In fact I experienced it more in the solo game then I did in the MMO cluster. 

I was traveling just now and I noticed that transitions is general were much faster. Interesting...

I would also experience lots of crash to desktop if the game was not the active window during travel...For the first time it stopped crashing...when going back and forth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023-11-30 Vehicle Entry, Location Desync - by Rockinsince87 - 12-01-2023, 12:17 AM