Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Make walls smooth to walk next to
As title says, the barriers/room void's are too 'sticky' for the player when passing them even at shallow angles. Here's an illustration demonstrating the difference between how collision friction is handled in TESV: Skyrim vs how it is in Hazeron. A smoother transition between collision and travel is appropriate in my estimation.

Skyrim: https://i.imgur.com/Ru88a0Q.gifv
Hazeron: [Image: lnDidDg.gif]
(01-30-2019, 12:55 PM)Reinhard Wrote: As title says, the barriers/room void's are too 'sticky' for the player when passing them even at shallow angles. Here's an illustration demonstrating the difference between how collision friction is handled in TESV: Skyrim vs how it is in Hazeron. A smoother transition between collision and travel is appropriate in my estimation.

Skyrim: https://i.imgur.com/Ru88a0Q.gifv
Hazeron: [Image: lnDidDg.gif]

I mentioned it to Haxus years ago and he's perfectly aware of the fact that collisions in Hazeron don't work the same way they do in other games. You have to remember, Haxus made all the physics stuff himself, whereas most other games use off the shelf physics engines created by teams full of many very smart people over the course of multiple years. He said that he would like for the collisions to be smoother, but that it's not a high priority.
I'd like to think it would help the AI crew navigate around detailed internal sections of ships more simply. At the moment they seem to be sprinting full speed into the walls then instantly getting stuck, and desperately trying to get half their bodies out of the walls.
Honestly, this is probably one of the biggest bang-for-your-buck improvements Haxus could do. Sticky collisions are the physics engine equivalent of eating with your mouth open -- incredibly irritating for being such a little thing, and relatively easy to fix.
AI crew should not have a problem navigating predefined paths.
(01-30-2019, 07:59 PM)pizzasgood Wrote: Honestly, this is probably one of the biggest bang-for-your-buck improvements Haxus could do.  Sticky collisions are the physics engine equivalent of eating with your mouth open -- incredibly irritating for being such a little thing, and relatively easy to fix.

I doubt it would be so easy to fix. Considering all the glitches, compenetrations, lack of solids, teleports (when you go straight to wall and it just teleports you on top of it after you "entered" it) this game suffers, it would also be a very minor improvement.

I believe the "biggest bang-for-buck" would be UI improvements to make everything more intuitive and tutorials.