Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Set Production Q when adding production line
When setting up factories with many production lines I often find myself going back to set production quality after adding all lines.

I suggest adding two fields to the Add Production Line window, one for number of workshops, and one for Production Quality.
Good idea.

I would love it if the NumericUpDown boxes were removed from the manufacturing list totally, instead just have an "Edit" button for each manufacturing line so we can edit it these things.
It would be more clicks to change simple things in a factory, but with how jecky the interface feels when changing the current NumericUpDown boxes, I think it would actually be better.

With most of those options moved off the list, it would also be possible to make the manufacturing window's list more compact.

Also, please allow us to add a new manufacturing line while there are zero free workshops.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(10-10-2019, 06:50 PM)Deantwo Wrote: ...
I would love it if the NumericUpDown boxes were removed from the manufacturing list totally, instead just have an "Edit" button for each manufacturing line so we can edit it these things.
It would be more clicks to change simple things in a factory, but with how jecky the interface feels when changing the current NumericUpDown boxes, I think it would actually be better.

With most of those options moved off the list, it would also be possible to make the manufacturing window's list more compact.

This would also make it easier to understand for new players who may join existing empires and be unable to edit those options.
(10-10-2019, 07:39 PM)Oggal Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 06:50 PM)Deantwo Wrote: ...

This would also make it easier to understand for new players who may join existing empires and be unable to edit those options.

Exactly, that too.

Cons:
  • More button clicks needed to change settings
Pros:
  • Easier to understand manufacturing UI
  • No more accidental changes
  • Easier to program permission limitations
  • More possibilities for a prettier or more compact manufacturing UI
I might actually get around to making a mockup of a new design for that window some day
Either set production quality when assigning a manufacturing line, or new manufacturing lines start with 0 workshops assigned. For me personally I find myself racing to a new line just to set it to 0, and set the quality before they can fetch inferior quality goods and I have to clear it and start again; but this is only a real issue during patent research more than true manufacturing.
Sometimes I say something profound and intellectual, but most times, I'm just an idiot; but hey even a broken clock is right twice a day!
I would love to be able to set # amount as well. I don't need 5000 EV suits but hate letting system run and forget about it. Same with other goods. It is annoying changing to 0 for new lines as well, like above posted especially with patents. Have seen system even set to max number and take a ton of cash out for a patent.
(10-15-2019, 08:21 PM)Lochar Wrote: I would love to be able to set # amount as well. I don't need 5000 EV suits but hate letting system run and forget about it. Same with other goods. It is annoying changing to 0 for new lines as well, like above posted especially with patents. Have seen system even set to max number and take a to of cash out for a patent.

Yeah when you place down construction for a new building and the construction window is set to add a type of manufacturing to that building, it will always use all. This is a good thing for mass harvesting or processing industries with few recipes, such as mines, smelters, wells, etc.
I wouldn't mind seeing that option removed from the construction window. It would require us to manually setup all manufacturing lines, which could be a tiny annoyance in the beginning though.

If manufacturing lines weren't assigned by default like that, we could also have a cost for adding new manufacturing lines to a factory, for example adding a new clothing manufacturing line to your clothing factory could require a number of sewing needles. But that is just a vague idea I have had in mind for a while.
I suggest adding two fields to the Add Production Line window...

Done.

I would love it if the NumericUpDown boxes were removed from the manufacturing list...

Done.

please allow us to add a new manufacturing line while there are zero free workshops...

Done.

I would love to be able to set # amount as well...

Done.

These changes will be posted in the next update.