Hazeron Forums
Land at Airport Order Issues - Printable Version

+- Hazeron Forums (https://hazeron.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Shores of Hazeron (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Forum: Prerelease Bug Reports (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: Land at Airport Order Issues (/showthread.php?tid=2932)

Pages: 1 2

Land at Airport Order Issues - Deantwo - 03-12-2023

The "Land at Airport" order has always been a weird one. It sounds different from the "Land at City" order, but it seems to function the exact same for the most part.

I use the tactic of making capitol-less colonies a lot. But I can't order my ship to fly to these colonies unless I am in orbit of the world. The airports that aren't part of a city simply don't show up otherwise.

Another issue is cities that are so big that they have multiple airports. You can't reliably order your ship to land a specific airport.

I propose that the "Land at Airport" order uses sensor information to list all airports in sensor range and list them independently of cities.

RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - AnrDaemon - 03-13-2023

Was that suggestion on the old forum or it was already a new one?

<a quick search later>

Seems it was an old one.

So, the suggestion was that placing an Airport building, the game would ask for a name. And suggest some default name, initially matching city's name, but adding some bells to the name of each subsequent airport built in the vicinity of the same city.
Then "land at airport" command should list specifically airports with their names, not city names.

RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - Neils Iyssada - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 08:16 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Was that suggestion on the old forum or it was already a new one?

<a quick search later>

Seems it was an old one.

So, the suggestion was that placing an Airport building, the game would ask for a name. And suggest some default name, initially matching city's name, but adding some bells to the name of each subsequent airport built in the vicinity of the same city.
Then "land at airport" command should list specifically airports with their names, not city names.

Yep, kind of like this idea I got earlier. I just added the possibility to limit an airport access to rank, empire or spacecraft size.

RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - Deantwo - 03-13-2023

(03-13-2023, 08:16 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Was that suggestion on the old forum or it was already a new one?

Yes, I remember that.

(03-13-2023, 08:16 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: So, the suggestion was that placing an Airport building, the game would ask for a name. And suggest some default name, initially matching city's name, but adding some bells to the name of each subsequent airport built in the vicinity of the same city.

That would be really nice too.

RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - Celarious - 03-19-2023

Am having issues with this, newly built airport, told crew to land specifically at it, they picked a random road instead

If it matters, the ship is huge

RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - AnrDaemon - 03-23-2023

It matters as far as I recall. "Land at airport" command will search for an open patch big enough connected to the airport in the chosen city.

RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - Celarious - 03-27-2023

(03-23-2023, 07:58 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: It matters as far as I recall. "Land at airport" command will search for an open patch big enough connected to the airport in the chosen city.

Hmm, I see, in that case could it be good to bring back "slab" type roads? Basically the same roads as we have now, but a lot wider and without the yellow lines, then we could have big landing areas

RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - Deantwo - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 06:38 AM)Celarious Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 07:58 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: It matters as far as I recall. "Land at airport" command will search for an open patch big enough connected to the airport in the chosen city.

Hmm, I see, in that case could it be good to bring back "slab" type roads? Basically the same roads as we have now, but a lot wider and without the yellow lines, then we could have big landing areas

Technically "slabs" still function, and you can make roads pretty wide. But yes they look like normal roads with the traffic line down the middle. Unless you use Dirt Roads, which don't have any fancy markings.

But I would still prefer the "Land at Airport" order actually exclusively landed at the specified airport. Use the "Land at City" order to land anywhere in a city.

RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - Celarious - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 06:41 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 06:38 AM)Celarious Wrote:

Technically "slabs" still function, and you can make roads pretty wide. But yes they look like normal roads with the traffic line down the middle. Unless you use Dirt Roads, which don't have any fancy markings.

But I would still prefer the "Land at Airport" order actually exclusively landed at the specified airport. Use the "Land at City" order to land anywhere in a city.

Well that's the issue, the line down the middle, ideally they'd be removed or made to look less "directional" for slabs

Also wait, slabs still function? I thought the game didn't recognize anything as slabs since tile worlds were removed
I guess there needs to be better differentiation between regular roads and slabs then, because I assumed they've been gone from the game for ages

RE: Land at Airport Order Issues - Deantwo - 03-27-2023

(03-27-2023, 06:47 AM)Celarious Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 06:41 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Technically "slabs" still function, and you can make roads pretty wide. But yes they look like normal roads with the traffic line down the middle. Unless you use Dirt Roads, which don't have any fancy markings.

slabs still function? I thought the game didn't recognize anything as slabs since tile worlds were removed
I guess there needs to be better differentiation between regular roads and slabs then, because I assumed they've been gone from the game for ages

Crew will look for a flat road, if there is no free parking spot elsewhere. So yes, technically they still work like "slabs" did.

(03-27-2023, 06:47 AM)Celarious Wrote: Well that's the issue, the line down the middle, ideally they'd be removed or made to look less "directional" for slabs

I would be against this. I use the "level roads" just to make the roads level. And I actually don't like the whole ships landing on roads at all, it is too random and just feels dum.
I guess it only exists because otherwise players that can't manually pilot/land their ship would be stuck if crew refused to land.

I would rather that airports had a service area like space stations and then the ship would just hover over the airport instead.